PDA

View Full Version : Still learning - an improvement or an invitation to disaster?

rookieplus
09-28-2004, 09:47 PM
I play PP $10 tournaments, lots of them, 90+% either O8 or 7 stud 8. For the most part I hover around even, haven't rebought in months. I decided to keep track and wanted to go 100 before asking any questions or making any changes.

(Background info - I played ring games on line for months at these two games and made some (very little) money overall at the 3/6 level but right now I can't stomach the potential variance at that level and I don't have a good feel for lower limit ring games. Switch to tournaments at least gives me a good competitive feeling even though the money is small. I've played hundreds of low buy 1TT and also played in UB's MTT's at O8 - with three wins in 75-200 player fields all at O8 or Omaha.)

About 30 tournaments in I noticed that I had only a few 2nd places and lots of 3, 4, 5 and 6's. I wondered if I was being too weak and keeping pots too small when I had advantages in early rounds. So I decided to get more aggressive and picked up three firsts and two more ITM in my first 8 after this switch.

Obviously I know that these samples are too small to mean much but my question is in the title: potential improvement or impending disaster?