PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 AKo....first time playing 15/30

Seether
09-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.66 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.83 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.83 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.83 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font>

Like the topic says this was my first venture into 15/30, I just wanted to get my feet wet a little and get a little feel for the game. I knew the game was aggressive from the reading I have done here and the 40 or so hands I had on this table up to this point.

MP2 was relatively new to the table so I had no signifigant reads. Comments on all streets are greatly appreciated.

samdash
09-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Is there anything wrong with just calling down once checkraised on the turn?

Nate tha' Great
09-28-2004, 10:07 PM
A calldown is probably more profitable than a 3-bet against a typical opponent. If you know him to overplay his hands, especially in potential semibluffing situations, then you can 3-bet here or perhaps call and raise the river if a blank comes off.

The situation is also different if the board on the flop were say 842 rainbow. If he check-raised that board when a king came on the turn, it is quite likely that he also has one pair, and you've got the nut kicker. Here, however, he could easily have QJ, 99, TT, KT, K9s, T9s etc - there are a lot more hands in his playing range that beat you. I would just call down.

Seether
09-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the input, now that I think about it I really should have simply just called with how the board was.

Anyways, I call and he shows Ac Jc for turned Nut flush+nut straight draw and mhig. Howevere, I think I was lucky in this situation because I feel more times than not I would be beaten...Am I correct in that statement?

Nate tha' Great
09-28-2004, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the input, now that I think about it I really should have simply just called with how the board was.

Anyways, I call and he shows Ac Jc for turned Nut flush+nut straight draw and mhig. Howevere, I think I was lucky in this situation because I feel more times than not I would be beaten...Am I correct in that statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that 3-betting doesn't necessarily make you more money if he is in fact semibluffing. That is because he will almost always lead out on the river whether or not he hits his hand, so you will "charge" him the extra BB for his semibluff anyway. If you do 3-bet, it should be because you are fairly confident that you have a better *made* hand than he does.