PDA

View Full Version : 66 on SB, LOTS OF CALLERS

jluker7
09-28-2004, 09:00 PM
Just wondering, how this was played....
All comments welcome.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (13.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

jluker7
09-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Preflop correct?

eric5148
09-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Preflop is fine. If the pot is already multiway, I'm calling with any pair here. 26:1 pot odds on the flop, so I guess It's just call and hope. I think I would have called the river as well.

gamblore99
09-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Looks great.

X-Calibre
09-28-2004, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is fine. If the pot is already multiway, I'm calling with any pair here. 26:1 pot odds on the flop, so I guess It's just call and hope. I think I would have called the river as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, his call is 1.5 small bets into a pot with 10 small bets in it, if my math is right.

just under 1 to 7 that's prob enough to call in most situations though he is first to act on every round which is unfortunate.

I think your options are to check raise on the flop to put the raiser on a hand, or save that money to call down to the river. My fear with the latter option is that you just gave AJ the chance to draw into a better hand.

eric5148
09-28-2004, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your options are to check raise on the flop to put the raiser on a hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raising the flop is probably the worst option here. This is Party 2/4, raising "for information" simply doesn't work, especially when the pot is now large enough for him to call with almost anything.

[ QUOTE ]
you just gave AJ the chance to draw into a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop bettor is on hero's immediate left. Explain how one more bet would make AJ, or any two overcards, fold.

jluker7
09-28-2004, 10:45 PM
So, in general this was ok?

No big mistakes anywhere, I didnt know if it was fold preflop or not. I figured I had the correct odds to hit flop.

And I had right odds for my 2 outer, on turn.

ErrantNight
09-28-2004, 10:53 PM
and, uh, who exactly held AJ that didn't bet it on the turn? after the preflop raiser checks the turn, you're telling me someone (presumably UTG, who bet the river), doesn't bet this turn with TPTK? he either beats an unimproved broadstreet hand, or loses to a higher pocket pair. jacks don't enter into it, and if they did, he's got a new buddy.