PDA

View Full Version : Knowing what to do next!

08-12-2002, 06:24 PM
I wonder if perhaps it may take discipline and patience before you "know what to do next". Here are my thoughts on this matter. Sometime between the age of 6 to 8 weeks you become self aware and at this time you begin exploring your own body. The first time you reached down and found your pee-pee did you know what to do next and beginning whacking off immediately? Or did your mother say to you "Dear sonny boy, you must learn to have patience before you begin that or else I will surely discipline you".

This leads me to believe discipline and patitience are required even before you know what to do next or at least until you are able to implement the action.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Jimbo

I apologize in advance to those I may have offended.

08-12-2002, 06:58 PM
A friend of mine took her son to the doctor when he was about 6 years old and told the doctor he was playing with himself constantly. She asked the doctor, "At what age will this stop?"

The response was, "Never."

Indeed. . .

08-12-2002, 10:03 PM
Jimbo,

Great post! I only wish that I posed the "pee-pee" question. thank god Mason doesn't do the deletion thing anymore. he has this penis envy thing and your's would be gone. the post not your pee=pee. Although at your age it may be gone anyway.

All kidding aside. I unlike most others recommend that knew players play many many hands. I want them to gt in there and learn. I do not recommend that they begin by patiently waiting for certain hands. I believe they should begin learning poker by "whacking it" every chance they get. I believe that playing a lot of hands gets helps one learn to take advantage and or protect oneself in all kinds of situations. Poker is situational. Learning to play in all kinds of situations is one way to learn what to do next. My way, anyway. I do accept that it may be costly to learn this way but that's another issue.

So if you want to learn ro play poker well I say whack off to your hearts content. Which in my case is almost once a week, now.

Vince

08-16-2002, 03:33 PM
reading your educational series on "poker".

However,for new players to play many hands is incorrect. He is learning how to play incorrectly and , hence , is learnig bad habits.

Over a period of time,these bad habits will be difficult to overcome. A new player not only has to learn proper playing , but also has to unlearn bad playing.

The correct approach for new players is the ABC book approach. In fact,he should develop discipline and patience by playing tighter than the ABC approach for several sessions while he is learning. This way, he will not be throwing his money away,and he will develop the other two essential skills for becoming a winning poker player--patience AND discipline.

I read what U said about the possibility of losing for several years EVEN if one plays poker very well over this period of time.

Sure,it MIGHT happen. I can also get rolled over by a truck today.

In each case,the probability is extremely small.

I've played poker over 12 years and accumulated more than 12000 Hrs. of play. ALL my years were WINNING years.

U also said that when U were learning how to play,U yourself used the ABC approach.

I believe that the reason U are a very good poker player today is that your current "system of play" was built on a solid foundation of "ABC".

U stated that U have gotten away from the ABC approach.

I believe that "consciously" U have. However,"subconsciously" U haven't.

It will ALWAYS be part of your repertoire that U developed during your formative poker years.

Happy pokering,

Sitting Bull