PDA

View Full Version : "Inside Information"

eggzz
09-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Ok, this is not really inside information, I'm trying to increase this post's visibility. You be the judge.

Was in NC visiting my mother this weekend. In reading the local Wilmington papaer, there was an editorial on UNC's thrashing at the hands of Louisville recently, 0-34.

The article alluded that the team has given up on their coach, and the young season already. This was supported by their play on the field, their play in their first few games (they recently struggled to beat a division 2A school, and some other succinct observations that I can't think of right now).

At any rate, they are 29 point dogs to FSU this week. This is not normally a game I would play. I like to stay away from the marquee teams like FSU and Miami, and especially these higher point spread games.

However, if this team truly has packed it in, this might be a very good opportunity to jump on the other side before the oddsmakers adjust to this, and if they get thwacked this week by forty or more, it might be too late, if you don't bet this game.

I'm going to make a medium sized play on FSU this week. I welcome any comments or observations.

Prior22
09-28-2004, 06:17 PM
That's a good observation, a team quitting on its coach is good to bet against. UNC was losing in the 4th quarter to William & Mary and came back to win so their talent level can't be that high either.

Easy E
09-28-2004, 06:51 PM
I'd prefer a source that's a bit closer to the area that it claims to be evaluating.