PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Raiders vs. Houston

$DEADSEXE$
09-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Kerry Collins plus no Rb's for Houston spells Raiders win.

craig r
09-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Man, you love those favorites, huh? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

craig

$DEADSEXE$
09-28-2004, 04:58 PM
I have Dominque Davis on my fantasy football team so I've had to watch every Houston game..their not too hot.
Plus In my opinion Kerry collins makes Oakland a very good team while Rich Gannon made them a sub par team.

If Miami had Collins they'de be 3-0 not 0-3

anatta
09-28-2004, 05:41 PM
The Raiders are on the road this week, after two weeks at home. I like the Raiders this year, and living is San Diego, that's not so easy. I will be watching the Raiders lines at home very closely. I watched the Raiders now two weeks in a row, this is a good team.

Their O-line is huge. They protect QB and open holes for Tyrone Wheatley or however you spell it. He attacked those big holes with suprising quickness and authority vs. Bucs, a pretty good defense. Their D-line is solid. Washington and Sapp still are fat in a good way. Their Linebackers are huge (they have some no name who is all over the field and another guy who is 280lbs!) and fast. They pressure the QB, and stuff the run. Charles Woodson is healthy, no turf toe. He is one of the best.

So whats not to like? Well, the Raiders are STUPID! They always seem to do stupid things. Its been like that for the last thirty years. Still with their talent, I am going to ride them. They never covered last year, this year, they look good.

Now on the road this week, I still like the Raiders but am going to wait to pull the trigger, (I say its for the line moves, but really its to see how I run at poker and baseball). I watched San Diego at Houston week one. SD won by 7 or so, Houston 4 turnovers. What was key is that SD had no trouble moving the ball in second half. I see Raiders moving ball too. Raiders D is much better than San Diegos, and I don't think Carr is that great. Maybe he gets his haircut next week with two in a row, but I dunno. Raiders will protect Collins, he is good with time, "live arm" as they say, week to prepare for start.

Houston couldn't pressure San Diego QB, Houston fewest sacks last year, okay I will look up their sack total, if they aren't getting to quarterbacks this year, I'll take Raiders on road.