PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Set-Up help needed

Davey
09-28-2004, 03:38 PM
In the home game i play in we're trying to come up with something similar to what they did for the PSI on fox sports, or something like the wsop leader board. We need some system of how to rank the top players over a series of tournaments. setting up a final tournament for more money.
the only opinions ive heard were to have multiple tables with the winner getting a seat in the final tourney...or set up a point system were you get more points for placing higher. that would reward consistency and the way i think i like best......thanks in advance for any suggestions or opinions.

SossMan
09-28-2004, 03:57 PM
there was a thread in the tournament forum about 6 months ago regarding this. I think it was discussing the 2+2 KoTZ league.

theWhale
09-28-2004, 05:20 PM
One point for every dollar won?

MissOt
09-28-2004, 05:22 PM
here is the grid of what we use at my home game to keep track of who is most consistent. i dont know the formula, but if you PM me or reply here and are interested i could get it for you.

link (http://www.37web.com/poker/tse_results.asp)

rainman3000
09-28-2004, 06:34 PM
We struggled with this for a while with our game and finally came up with an idea every one could agree to.

Check it out here www.swmpl.com (http://www.swmpl.com)

Wesley N
09-28-2004, 07:17 PM
I was overlooking all the rules you have posted on your SWMPL site, and an interesting topic came up in a home game we had a couple weeks ago, maybe you may be able to help answer this...
Rule R) states "Players May choose to sit out.... "
"The players position shall be dealt a hand but mucked..."
We had a disagreement on that matter and I could not offer a "valid" reason why the cards must be dealt except because I knew in the WSOP and other Poker Tournaments, (unlike in ring games) that this is done.
Any idea why?
Wesley

DimensionPresident
09-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Looked like Mike "Dead Money" Todd has a well earned nick name. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

weekapaugz
09-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Incorporate Strength Of Schedule/Competition, like the NCAA /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Drac
09-28-2004, 11:34 PM
So that when somebody sits out it doesn't "change" the cards that would have been dealt to everyone that hand. Also, it helps to remember to snag their blinds when you get to them. People come and go so often at a ring game that the cards constantly change. You don't get near as much movement in a tourney.

Nate Finch
09-29-2004, 09:47 AM
It doesn't change the cards at all. Your cards are still two random choices from the deck. The real reason is that they could come back. It's that simple. If you get dealt into a hand, and the action's not on you yet, you can come back to the table and start playing.

-Nate

Drac
09-29-2004, 03:25 PM
The same is true at a ring game...you can come back any time and yet they deal you out. Hmmmm.

rainman3000
09-30-2004, 03:03 PM
That's how he earned it, never met an "All-In" big blind that he didn't like.