PDA

View Full Version : DVD's on Tells

MercTec
09-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Anyone have suggestions on a good DVD on tells? I know Caro's video is now on DVD but I've heard that alot of his stuff is outdated and related to mainly draw poker. I think Hellmuth also has a DVD out but from his reputation in the publishing/video realm I dunno if it's worth checking out. Anyone have any of these or have a suggestion for any others?

Thanks!

Knockwurst
09-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Even if some of the stuff is outdated, Caro's video and book are still pretty much the gold standard for its subject matter.

I didn't know Caro's Tells Video was on DVD, can you provide a link?

MercTec
09-28-2004, 06:40 PM
I have the book....but I would guess that its much easier to understand what he is trying to describe in full motion video rather than a couple of pictures. This is a link I found...a few other places sell it though....just pop it into google and pick your store.

https://secure.cardplayer.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=124

jordanx
09-28-2004, 07:30 PM
Caro's book on tells is golden.

I haven't seen the DVD, but I've seen some of the clips on MCU's web site and they seem ok. The book gives a lot more detail on strategy implication and effective percentage, even an estimated value for each tell.

If anything, buy the book as a companion to the DVD if it doesn't have this extra info.