PDA

View Full Version : If the glitch is an affiliate program...

Phishy McFish
09-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Does it change anything? Or does it just mean that while giving us all an incredible bonus to whore.....that guy is getting paid well (as this thing is sure to hit Shania's pictures type viewing numbers)

GrannyMae
09-28-2004, 02:55 PM
that guy is getting paid well

how do you figure?

if you did not sign up under him, he LOSES $500.

you have to be tracked to him for him to credit for hands played.

Phishy McFish
09-28-2004, 02:59 PM
That's why I asked. I know nothing about affiliate programs. Never used one. Don't know if I ever will.

I thought the code itself linked our deposits to him.

Like, "hey tell them MATCHBONUSEP sent you."

I am just a pawn on the felt chess board.

GrannyMae
09-28-2004, 03:29 PM
I thought the code itself linked our deposits to him.

the only way you are ever linked to an affiliate is when you use his code when creating the account. using a code designed for his marketing program, on an existing account, will not remove you from your original affiliate, or you being a house player.

it is likely that this guy had this code created because he is a mega-affiliate. the idea being that the $500 match is offset by the playthru requirements through a percentage of gross revenue.

the affiliate who set this up may indeed get credit for all the people who created brand new accounts for this bonus, but he won't see a dime on existing accounts. the question remains if empire will take it back from you guys or let it go.

btw, for those that did set up a new account, and plan on playing until the $500 is released and then cashing out, you have not created enough revenue yet for this affiliate to be even.

he is banking on you playing beyond this initial requirement and making his profits in the long run. it is a risky marketing plan, but could payoff nicely if his new accounts continue to play beyond the bonus.

Phishy McFish
09-28-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm actualy going to be almost strictly a whore from now on. Family first and all that....

But this seemed to good to eb true so I did it. Figuring the worst that happes is they take the bonus back and I play some tight poker and cash back out.

Since the last time something seemed to good to eb true I won $700+ off a $80 deposit (Thanks to Homer and BWs.com), I thought I'd give lightning another chance to strike.