PDA

View Full Version : 2-Table SNG: Who Makes This Call?

Desdia72
09-28-2004, 01:50 PM
i'm playing a 2-table SNG under my gf's ID. i felt the raise by my opponent was screaming, "i have a playable hand,
but it's a dominated one", hence my over-the-top all-in. who makes this call? *had'nt played a hand in awhile*

------------------------------------------------------------
*********** # 1 **************
PokerStars Game #727144042: Tournament #2828436, Hold'em No Limit - Level VI
(100/200) - 2004/09/28 - 12:42:01 (ET)
Table '2828436 2' Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: ReighnStorm (2315 in chips)
Seat 2: RounderDR (4455 in chips)
Seat 3: Lucky2's (4805 in chips)
Seat 4: ctruby (3935 in chips)
Seat 5: GoldenBoyCD (5045 in chips)
Seat 7: miljonär (4245 in chips)
Seat 9: AngryAngler (2200 in chips)
RounderDR: posts small blind 100
Lucky2's: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ReighnStorm [As Kd]
ctruby: folds
GoldenBoyCD: folds
miljonär: folds
AngryAngler: folds
ReighnStorm: calls 200
RounderDR: raises 600 to 800
Lucky2's: folds
ReighnStorm: raises 1515 to 2315 and is all-in
RounderDR: calls 1515
*** FLOP *** [4d 9s 6d]
*** TURN *** [4d 9s 6d] [7d]
*** RIVER *** [4d 9s 6d 7d] [Qh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RounderDR: shows [9d Ad] (a flush, Ace high)
ReighnStorm: shows [As Kd] (high card Ace)
RounderDR collected 4830 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4830 | Rake 0
Board [4d 9s 6d 7d Qh]
Seat 1: ReighnStorm (button) showed [As Kd] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 2: RounderDR (small blind) showed [9d Ad] and won (4830) with a flush, Ace
high
Seat 3: Lucky2's (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: ctruby folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: GoldenBoyCD folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: miljonär folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: AngryAngler folded before Flop (didn't bet)

chill888
09-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Playing your GFs ID is always asking for trouble.

You got off light

AtlBrvs4Life
09-28-2004, 02:03 PM
I don't understand the problem here. He called your all-in, you were the favorite, you lost.

Desdia72
09-28-2004, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You got off light

[/ QUOTE ]

what does it matter if i was under her ID or not? that's not the point. i just wanted to state that it was me playing and not her. the question was about the hand itself. i don't see where, "you got off light" is saying anything constructive. i could've been a shortstack with 300 in chips so, "you got off light" would'nt even matter.

Desdia72
09-28-2004, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the problem here. He called your all-in, you were the favorite, you lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was asking, would YOU, if you were him, make that call with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif? if you do, what is going through your mind? what hands are you putting me on if i have'nt played a hand in awhile?

chill888
09-28-2004, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You got off light what does it matter if i was under her ID or not? that's not the point. i just wanted to state that it was me playing and not her. the question was about the hand itself. i don't see where, "you got off light" is saying anything constructive. i could've been a shortstack with 300 in chips so, "you got off light" would'nt even matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I may not be that funny, but you are even less so.

Lighten up ... a joke

Desdia72
09-28-2004, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You got off light what does it matter if i was under her ID or not? that's not the point. i just wanted to state that it was me playing and not her. the question was about the hand itself. i don't see where, "you got off light" is saying anything constructive. i could've been a shortstack with 300 in chips so, "you got off light" would'nt even matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up ... a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

i was'nt trying to be funny so why would it matter if i'm even less so. that's dumb. if you wanna tell a joke, go do some standup at The IMPROV.

chill888
09-28-2004, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up ... a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

i was'nt trying to be funny so why would it matter if i'm even less so. that's dumb. if you wanna tell a joke, go do some standup at The IMPROV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna use my people reading skills and guess you are a little tense.

Are you playing.. i sense you were born on tilt. Which table? Please note 99% of my posts are on poker stuff.

gl

Matt Finkelstein
09-28-2004, 05:06 PM
If your point is that his call was incorrect, well duh. You should welcome those calls and shrug it off. Next 2 times you double up. No way I make that call.

cowpie
09-28-2004, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was asking, would YOU, if you were him, make that call with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif? if you do, what is going through your mind? what hands are you putting me on if i have'nt played a hand in awhile?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, if I were him I would call, but I'm not so I wouldn't call an all in with A9s. Try to think like a fish: "It's an ace, YES, it's suited, OH YEAH BABY IM GONNA WIN TONITE, I'm all in!!!" /images/graemlins/cool.gif

And I have no idea why you just limped reraised all in. AK is not that strong a hand. Are you going to let the BB limp in with 42o and flop two pair when you hit top pair?

Desdia72
09-28-2004, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up ... a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna use my people reading skills and guess you are a little tense.

Are you playing.. i sense you were born on tilt. Which table? Please note 99% of my posts are on poker stuff.

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

instead of worrying about tilting.

Tournament #2829249, Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (600/1200) - 2004/09/28 - 15:31:30 (ET) Table '2829249 2' Seat #1 is the button Seat 1: ReighnStorm (5672 in chips) Seat 2: bulldog bill (21328 in chips) ReighnStorm: posts the ante 75 bulldog bill: posts the ante 75 ReighnStorm: posts small blind 600 bulldog bill: posts big blind 1200 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to ReighnStorm [5s 5d] ReighnStorm: calls 600 bulldog bill: checks *** FLOP *** [3s 7c 8s] bulldog bill: bets 2400 ReighnStorm: raises 1997 to 4397 and is all-in bulldog bill: calls 1997 *** TURN *** [3s 7c 8s] [Js] *** RIVER *** [3s 7c 8s Js] [As] *** SHOW DOWN *** bulldog bill: shows [9c 6s] (a flush, Ace high) ReighnStorm: shows [5s 5d] (a flush, Ace high - lower cards) bulldog bill collected 11344 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 11344 | Rake 0 Board [3s 7c 8s Js As] Seat 1: ReighnStorm (button) (small blind) showed [5s 5d] and lost with a flush, Ace high Seat 2: bulldog bill (big blind) showed [9c 6s] and won (11344) with a flush, Ace high

DeuceKicker
09-28-2004, 05:30 PM
You're in bubble territory, right? Given the fact that your stack is second-shortest, and any decent raise commits 1/4 to 1/3 of it, I'd push instead of limping.

Once he's put some chips in the pot (and maybe a little ego-committed) he's much more likely to call, and at this point I'm happy picking up the blinds.

I'm not sure what about his bet screamed "dominated hand". Isn't 3-4BB a standard raise? He could have anything.

Anyway, to answer your question, I would have folded if I were him.

TakeMeToTheRiver
09-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Would you feel better if he busted you with a pocket pair instead? When you go all-in there, you have to be happy being called by a lesser hand. Some tough news -- the best two cards pre-flop do not always win.

To answer your question -- he was getting better than 2:1 on his call and his stack would still be playable (almost...). His call was not great, but it was not crazy either.

Desdia72
09-28-2004, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, if I were him I would call, but I'm not so I wouldn't call an all in with A9s. Try to think like a fish: "It's an ace, YES, it's suited, OH YEAH BABY IM GONNA WIN TONITE, I'm all in!!!" /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

part of my thinking on the hand was that A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif with his chipstack was the perfect hand to steal raise with. the blinds had just gone up about two hands prior to this one and i had not played a hand in a couple of orbits. if he raises to 800 preflop, it's enough to force us to fold unless we have a great hand, at which point he wins the blinds. however, when i go over the top all-in, even if this is a good steal hand, you have to start to think that you're in bad shape to call this push. the only thing i like about this hand is the fact that it's suited.

Desdia72
09-28-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you feel better if he busted you with a pocket pair instead? When you go all-in there, you have to be happy being called by a lesser hand. Some tough news -- the best two cards pre-flop do not always win.

To answer your question -- he was getting better than 2:1 on his call and his stack would still be playable (almost...). His call was not great, but it was not crazy either.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the thing, i'm not griping about a bad beat, nor am i saying he made a bad call. i'm justing presenting the hand to the forum for review. if i'm a good player, i don't like my chances having to call a reraise all-in with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Desdia72
09-28-2004, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're in bubble territory, right? Given the fact that your stack is second-shortest, and any decent raise commits 1/4 to 1/3 of it, I'd push instead of limping.

Once he's put some chips in the pot (and maybe a little ego-committed) he's much more likely to call, and at this point I'm happy picking up the blinds.

I'm not sure what about his bet screamed "dominated hand". Isn't 3-4BB a standard raise? He could have anything.

Anyway, to answer your question, I would have folded if I were him.

[/ QUOTE ]

i made the read that his raise screamed that he had a playable, but dominated hand based on the plays he had been making prior to this hand. the guy had won some fortunate pots against better holdings with hands like A 10o and K 10o. nobody at the table had been raising too much more than 4X BB so i, personally, felt his raise was fishy and meant to win the pot there with no resistance.