PDA

View Full Version : 2005 WSOP tourney dates for main event

ugaistheteam
09-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Any idea of the exact dates for main event yet? I won a seat sunday night and I want to go ahead and make plans....thanks, UGA

The4thFilm
09-28-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure, but congrats on the seat.

sportfreak
09-28-2004, 01:29 PM
The dates for the whole World Series are a little later than normal this year. Per Poker Pages, the dates for the whole World Series are June 3rd - July 15th. Assuming 7 days for the main event would probably put the start of the Main Event around the 9th, which is a Saturday. They started on a Saturday this year, ended on Friday, which is the 15th, so Saturday the 9th to Friday the 15th would be my guess. The tournament is at the Rio Suites this year too, only the last 2 days of the Main Event are being held at the Shoe.

BS Yee
09-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Fresh from www.worldseriesofpoker.com (http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com) - WSOP is from June 3rd to July 15th at the Rio - EXCEPT - the last two days will be at Binion's Horseshoe.

ugaistheteam
09-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Thanks freak, wish it was tommorow.....UGA

sportfreak
09-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Well, I hope to see you there. Where did you win a seat already? I play primarily on Stars, but if other places are running satellites already, I may try some of them.

ugaistheteam
09-28-2004, 04:04 PM
I play on AbsolutePoker.com if you havent played there yet, check it out. My screen name is the same UGAISTHETEAM. I won the seat sunday night. Actually it is the fourth seat given away. We started in July with the first tourneys......UGA

Percula
09-28-2004, 04:16 PM
Congrats on the great run this month! Frankly you are the only MTT player on AP that I do not want to see at my table, well maybe TXfirefighter too.

Glad to see you found 2+2, keep reading and start posting more.

You should think about play some more at PS too, your style will do well there too.