PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help.. Up 1200 in 50NL.. down 1300 in 50 NL

Benjy1983
09-28-2004, 10:32 AM
I have been multitabling 50NL on PP. I was up $1200 in 2 days playing my own style of aggresive poker. I then proceeded to pick up SuperSystems at the local book store and try to use doyles method of no limit play. The result is im down 1200 in the last 5 days. Any ideas would be appreciated.

ZManODS
09-28-2004, 10:40 AM
How bout, not using his method.

It only works when you can completely intimidate your oppenents AND have the bankroll to endure the swings.

cornell2005
09-28-2004, 10:51 AM
actually it would only work if the blind structure is larger, you arnt playing vs internet calling stations, and you had a time machine to go back 20 years

schwza
09-28-2004, 10:55 AM
i would say the biggest thing to drop from S/S is the idea that when you get raised after betting something like an open-ended straight draw (OESD), you should reraise all-in. against tough players who can lay down top pair top kicker (TPTK), i'm sure doyle's strategy is very effective. but against a party 50 player, you're going to get called by TPNK (that's 'no kicker') and find yourself behind. call if the odds are favorable or fold if the bet's too big/pot's too small/stacks are too small.

welcome to the forum.

Tilt
09-28-2004, 11:51 AM
I agree go back to your old style. One thing that is important is playing a style you are comfortable with, as there are a few different styles that can succeed. Too many authors and people on these forums will encourage you to be something you are not. Believe it or not, there is no one right play in every situation. This is a game without a dominant strategy for every hand - if there were it would be boring and silly like blackjack.

I had the same problem for a while at 25NL, where i was pf loose, good flop aggressive and successful for a long time but was encouraged to be tighter pf. Suddenly I was stuck for a few thousand hands when I did this, treading water not winning but not losing anything but time. But once I got back to playing my 97 suiteds and raising my AXs again I got back on track. So throw that book away and go back to playing your own style of winning poker.

cornell2005
09-28-2004, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem for a while at 25NL, where i was pf loose, good flop aggressive and successful for a long time but was encouraged to be tighter pf. Suddenly I was stuck for a few thousand hands when I did this, treading water not winning but not losing anything but time. But once I got back to playing my 97 suiteds and raising my AXs again I got back on track. So throw that book away and go back to playing your own style of winning poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
ewww on alot of different levels

Sponger15SB
09-28-2004, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been multitabling 50NL on PP. I was up $1200 in 2 days playing my own style of aggresive poker. I then proceeded to pick up SuperSystems at the local book store and try to use doyles method of no limit play. The result is im down 1200 in the last 5 days. Any ideas would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just like to say any style that causes you to win 24 buy ins in 2 days or lose 24 buy ins in 5 days either needs a lot of work or you need a lot of work.

No offense though, I've just never heard of a streak this big in such a short ammount of time from a winning player.

swami
09-28-2004, 02:16 PM
you need large stack sizes for S/S to work. With party stacks it will not work. Also in S/S it states that it is for tight sloid opponents, against weak players Doyle says in S/S that a lot of the strategy he outlines is not applicable. His strategy works in deeped stacked games where your stack size can intimidate and people are afraid to play back at you without the nuts because you are liable to put them all in for 200BB.

Beavis68
09-28-2004, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you need large stack sizes for S/S to work. With party stacks it will not work. Also in S/S it states that it is for tight sloid opponents, against weak players Doyle says in S/S that a lot of the strategy he outlines is not applicable. His strategy works in deeped stacked games where your stack size can intimidate and people are afraid to play back at you without the nuts because you are liable to put them all in for 200BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is amlost exactly what I was going to post. /images/graemlins/wink.gif