PDA

View Full Version : Question on NetTeller

KowCiller
09-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Hello all,

A guy at my local B&M room was telling me how he won a big tournament (like $36,000 or something) on one of the internet card rooms. In an effort to make no paper trail (and therefore no government taxes, etc), he deposited that money into his NetTeller account. He said that NetTeller is offshore so the government can't touch them. He also claims that because his account was pretty sizeable, NetTeller has given him a Visa Debit card that he can use at ATMs and such to withdraw and access his funds. All the while he can access his $$ w/o fear of big brother knowing.

Can anyone verify this? Will they really give you a debit card, etc? Is there a more solid way to avoid taxes?

Thanks,

KoW

greywolf
09-28-2004, 10:37 AM
why dont you just go to netellers homepage.

steeser
09-28-2004, 10:41 AM
I have the debit card and have used it. It only allows me to withdraw $500 in a day, not sure if there are increased limits.

I can't speak much on the tax thing.

KowCiller
09-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Ah, dang... Didn't see any mention of it the first time I looked... I see it talking about the ATM card now. Sorry, should have looked closer /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Know anything about taxes? Does anyone actually pay income tax on their poker winnings? B&M or otherwise?

fnord_too
09-28-2004, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Know anything about taxes? Does anyone actually pay income tax on their poker winnings? B&M or otherwise?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people do. This is my first winning year, I am planning on giving all my information over to a CPA to figure out.

SamJack
09-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Due to the Patriots Act. Visa and other Credit Card company have been forced to provide transactions of US customers even if the issuing bank is not a US based bank.

So, in short. Your "friend" was not successful in avoiding the paper trail.

SamJack

GrannyMae
09-28-2004, 04:55 PM
NetTeller has given him a Visa Debit card

they gave him a debit card, not a VISA debit card. big difference.

NETeller is trying to implement a card with the visa logo, but it is a long way off. such a card would be great for everyone except for mike from the cashout shop and other NETeller merchants that rely on people wanting to make regular, direct purchases with NETeller funds.