PDA

View Full Version : New Forums

08-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Hi Everyone:

We have started two new forums. The first is on Probability, and the second is on B&M Cardrooms. See the left hand column to get there.

Best wishes,

Mason

08-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Right now Omaha dominates "Other Poker Games." It really deserves its own discussion board. "Other Poker Games" will then be exclusively for the genuinely unusual and rare poker variants.

08-01-2002, 04:13 PM
You might be right, so we'll consider it.

Best wishes,

mason

08-01-2002, 04:29 PM
I am very glad to see this, especially the one on Probability.

My own knowledge of Probability is actually quite limited--pretty much just the level required to do pretty basic poker-related stuff, nothing fancy at all. In fact it is low enough I should be ashamed. I have been wanting to learn more about Probability but I really haven't felt like slogging through a textbook all on my own.

So if I can manage to learn regularly from this new Probability forum (and much of what I need to learn is really fairly basic stuff, at least at first) I will be grateful and happy.

Thanks for starting this new Probability forum.

08-01-2002, 09:10 PM
...(if you hadn't already guessed) why I tend to answer only some types of David's poker questions. Those questions which deal with how to play a hand, or similar sorts of considerations, I often have a pretty good sense for. Those which require a bit more EV or Probability work I can quickly get lost in (unless I can discern a quick and easy way to shortcut through everything).

08-02-2002, 05:30 AM
Another possibility it to just have a forum for all High-Low split games. (omaha high posts could still be posted under other games forum )

Perhaps you could name that the Ray Zee Forum. /images/smile.gif

CJ

08-02-2002, 10:03 PM
What is a Brick and Mortar card room?

Vince