PDA

View Full Version : A5o Button

Schneids
09-28-2004, 02:55 AM
Too many tables. My read is opponent is not 2+2er. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>

bank
09-28-2004, 03:14 AM
What hands could you possibly knock out with a raise here on the river? I don't understand it....if he has trips or a flush he's certainly not folding...if he's attempting to bluff why not just call him?

joker122
09-28-2004, 03:16 AM
I don't really understand the river raise. Is a worse hand (namely, a 3, 4, or ace high) calling often enough to make this raise profitable? Also, what was your plan if you were 3bet?

Nikla
09-28-2004, 03:37 AM
To state what you already know: You have to vary your play here. Sometimes following through with a bet on turn and sometimes checking. Especially if your opponent is at all tricky. Would you auto-call on a blank river?

I would also raise river strictly for value.

Trix
09-28-2004, 05:01 AM
I just call the river, really dont think 4x is that likely and dont think he will fold 66+

Ulysses
09-28-2004, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, what was your plan if you were 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

He would fold.

The Dude
09-28-2004, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, what was your plan if you were 3bet? [ QUOTE ]
He would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Unless he misclicked. Then he would have to call the 4-bet for image reasons.

Ole!

gonores
09-28-2004, 08:15 AM
I don't think I have the heart to check through on this turn, but if I did, I would consider the river raise mandatory.

chio
09-28-2004, 08:31 AM
this river raise is something i would never think of to do. at first i was like what why are you raising here, there's not many worse hands they can call with and many better hands they can reraise with. the more i think about it, the more i like it.

i see the advantages
(1) value raise against any pair of 3's or 4's
(2) trip T's won't even 3bet you here most of the time
(3) can pretty confidently fold to a 3bet
(4) can project a very convincing loose aggro image at minimal cost

number (3) is the reason i wouldn't think of a move like this, because i need to be very certain that my opponent is passive/predictable enough

i think number (4) is a reason that will pay off in image terms more than people initially think, even in these games where a lot of opponents are not very observant

nice hand

Zele
09-28-2004, 08:39 AM
Like it.

chio
09-28-2004, 08:47 AM
i left out what i think is the most important reason of all:

opponent will feel like an ass after he pays off with a lesser pair and sees all you had was a pair of 5's

opponent will feel like an ass after he just calls with trip T's and sees that you outplayed him

haha

Schneids
09-30-2004, 01:50 AM
Opponent calls with 54, then calls me a luck box. I agree.

At the time I thought the river raise was pretty easy especially for the fact I could fold to a 3-bet. Note if I had A7 I'm more likely to bet the turn and check the river, but with the gutshot outs too I felt like this could be a spot to vary my play and check behind. Yes, I was commiting myself to calling if the blind led out on any river that didn't help my hand, as I didn't think the blind needed much of anything to call my flop bet.

Michael Davis
09-30-2004, 02:44 AM
I suck but I agree. I can't imagine not raising this river and am surprised to see that suggested.

-Michael

NLSoldier
09-30-2004, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suck but I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is simply no way you suck, I saw how bad you did on that quiz and i have therefore concluded that you are world class!