PDA

View Full Version : Some AK Passivity

Schneids
09-28-2004, 02:15 AM
I really like this line.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $10.
<font color="666666">1 folds</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>

chio
09-28-2004, 07:52 AM
love the river bet, love it

The Dude
09-28-2004, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
love the river bet, love it

[/ QUOTE ]
Why, out of curiosity, do you love it so much?

chio
09-28-2004, 08:41 AM
given the biggest of river blanks, i don't think opponent will ever check the river here with any full house, so it's a great value bet

opponent's line looks like he was bluffing or had an ace

in my short time playing, i've noticed that these "scary" boards cause opponents to make many money-hating mistakes:
(1) call flop and turn with any 2 cards, because they're "drawing to a full house"
(2) call the river with any ace and many king-high and quee-high hands, because "they have trip 8's"
(3) often make a play for the pot because "they know hero doesn't have an 8", but forget that hero raised preflop and probably has him beat with big cards like AK or a pair

The Dude
09-28-2004, 08:50 AM
I like it as a thin value bet, as well. It's thin for sure, but usually correct. There's no value in the bet, however, if he's bluffing, since you've got the nut-bluff hand.

chio
09-28-2004, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it as a thin value bet, as well. It's thin for sure, but usually correct. There's no value in the bet, however, if he's bluffing, since you've got the nut-bluff hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it's quite that thin. i hardly ever bet AK unimproved on the river for value, even HU and in position.

but this board/action makes a bet mandatory here, not only because hero has the best hand 99% of the time here, but that opponent will call with a ton of lesser hands.

i've seen people intentionally call here on the river (with open trips on board) with jack-high

samdash
09-28-2004, 08:57 AM
The players who are bad enough to make calls like that also might check a full house on this river after this action. But I agree you seem to have the guaranteed best hand vs. anyone reasonable.