PDA

View Full Version : AA - Scary Board

Barry
09-28-2004, 12:49 AM
20/40 FW's this past weekend. A decent, but not great table with only a few bad players.

I have AA in the BB.

EP and MP limpers, button raises, I 3 bet, all call. 4 to the flop 8 SB.

Flop is KQx, I bet, limpers call, button raises, I call, both limpers call.

Turn is a J, checked to the button, who bets, I call, EP calls, MP folds.

River is an A

I bet.

Clarkmeister
09-28-2004, 12:56 AM
Man, it sucks, but you have got to checkraise that turn.

rory
09-28-2004, 02:27 AM
Hi Barry,

I like to raise on the turn. You may be ahead of the button and it would be nice to force out the EP and MP players in this very large pot. The button is probably not going to 3 bet you with less than a set which is a nice bonus.

I hope EP didn't have a 10!

Barry
09-28-2004, 01:33 PM
I had planned on checkraising the turn until the J fell. There was just too many hands that I could be behind and I was the one drawing.

Also by the time the action got to me on the turn there were 11BB in the pot so no A or T was folding to a checkraise.

I bet the river, EP folded, button called. A showed and the button says nice catch and flings his KK into the muck.

Saborion
09-29-2004, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also by the time the action got to me on the turn there were 11BB in the pot so no A or T was folding to a checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]
And if you check-raise they are getting 13:2 = 6.5:1 from the pot. They won't fold their guts then?

Analyst
09-29-2004, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And if you check-raise they are getting 13:2 = 6.5:1 from the pot. They won't fold their guts then?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 10 is still getting odds to call. You may well knock out any A, unless they hold AQ/AJ (and, obviously, AK), though it seems unlikely that EP or MP has one of these.

SA125
09-29-2004, 09:58 AM
The limpers have already put in one flop bet and it's a nice pot. Why not 3 bet the flop to try narrowing it down? Did you want to wait for the turn to see if a card came off that you thought could hurt you or you wanted one more bet from them there?

Saborion
09-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Yah, my bad, as usual.