PDA

View Full Version : top set with two clubs down...

bosoxfan55
09-27-2004, 09:05 PM
playing poker stars .10/.25, ive won about 450 at these blidns the past month and have been tearing it apart. the following hand just came up and i have been reading this site for a while i just HAD to post this for my first post ever !!!!!

anyway, i am the only two who know what i am doing i have 35. the villain has 47, he just doubled up going all in with pocket twos against AA he is very bad. so everyone limps to my button and i have tens, so i raise to 2 hoping to get 1 or 2 callers. instead, SB (villain) raises to 5, so i have to call here in position.

flop comes T 8 4 two clubs. in a pot of about 11.50, he bets 2, so i immediately put him on a club draw or maybe AK hoping to give himself good odds for the turn. I double it back to 4 to give him a chance to bluff (great move on my part), and he goes all in. i savor the moment and take about 30 seconds to call, having my opponent go all when i have the nuts. (or so i thought). anyway, turn comes a 9, river comes a jack, and he shows QQ to win a 66 dollar pot with the straight. he berates me and says that i shouldnt have called a reraise as 4.5:1 underdog.

how did i play this?

thanks for the input.

Roman
09-27-2004, 09:08 PM
bad beat policeee

The4thFilm
09-27-2004, 09:23 PM
You deserve it for being a slowrolling [censored].

Sponger15SB
09-27-2004, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You deserve it for being a slowrolling [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Slowrolling drives me [censored] nuts.

kyro
09-28-2004, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

anyway, i am the only two who know what i am doing i have 35.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well aren't you just the tough shark in a school of fish.

[ QUOTE ]

I double it back to 4 to give him a chance to bluff (great move on my part), and he goes all in. i savor the moment and take about 30 seconds to call, having my opponent go all when i have the nuts. (or so i thought).

[/ QUOTE ]

My input is you need to grow up. Reread your post. You sound like an immature kid.

Oh, and don't minraise the flop. Your wonderful move was your worst one.

luckycharms
09-28-2004, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
playing poker stars .10/.25, ive won about 450 at these blidns the past month and have been tearing it apart. the following hand just came up and i have been reading this site for a while i just HAD to post this for my first post ever !!!!!

anyway, i am the only two who know what i am doing i have 35. the villain has 47, he just doubled up going all in with pocket twos against AA he is very bad. so everyone limps to my button and i have tens, so i raise to 2 hoping to get 1 or 2 callers. instead, SB (villain) raises to 5, so i have to call here in position.

flop comes T 8 4 two clubs. in a pot of about 11.50, he bets 2, so i immediately put him on a club draw or maybe AK hoping to give himself good odds for the turn. I double it back to 4 to give him a chance to bluff (great move on my part), and he goes all in. i savor the moment and take about 30 seconds to call, having my opponent go all when i have the nuts. (or so i thought). anyway, turn comes a 9, river comes a jack, and he shows QQ to win a 66 dollar pot with the straight. he berates me and says that i shouldnt have called a reraise as 4.5:1 underdog.

how did i play this?

thanks for the input.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet at least half the size of the pot, tardo. If you really think he's got the club draw (which is statistically very improbable heads up) then charge him to make it. It's ok to bet half or the whole pot, in fact, in NL, it's essential.

And don't slowroll. Be humble. You're playing blinds 1/1,000th the size of the pros. Read up

p.s. You can get hated on by this board before you get some good posts. Rules: no posts about bad beats or partypoker being rigged

DBowling
09-28-2004, 03:28 AM
Its funny this was the thing that stood out most to me in the post.
Please dont waste 30 seconds of my life if you have the nuts, call it and lets get to the next hand.

schwza
09-28-2004, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

anyway, i am the only two who know what i am doing i have 35.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well aren't you just the tough shark in a school of fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he's two tough sharks.

nickey009
09-28-2004, 11:51 AM
This is a cool thread! I had a feeling like this guy would get flamed for a post like this. Fun stuff!

jon_1van
09-28-2004, 12:40 PM
here here