PDA

View Full Version : JJ standard or chip spewing?

scooby
09-27-2004, 08:49 PM
While playing, this felt standard against an opponent without a read, but I'm curious if others feel the same way. Basic questions:
1) Without a read in 15/30, do you 3bet JJ against an UTG raiser?
2) What do you put him on at the turn checkraise?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.66 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.83 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.83 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.83 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font>

mmcd
09-27-2004, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ or 88

PLM4
09-27-2004, 09:38 PM
I like your pre-flop 3-bet. JJ is a hand you'd like to play with 1 or 2 players. You narrow the field and have position on the pre-flop raiser.

Without knowing anything about the opponent it's a tough call what he has here. Especially not knowing what his early position pre-flop raising standards are. If he's seen you call down other hands where you were raised he'd be less likely to make a bluff in this situation after you showed so much strength. So your table image is a factor as well. With no info either way I'd probably be forced to play the hand very similiar to the way you did.

You have to bet the turn and not give him a free card because too many cards can beat you. With this board and no feel for the player I probably would just call, call. I'd expect to be beat. With that attitude I would not argue with someone who tossed this away on the turn and saved the $60 for another fight.

random
09-27-2004, 09:40 PM
1) Without a read in 15/30, do you 3bet JJ against an UTG raiser?
Yes.

Because you asked the first question, I think he had AA.

Tuneman
09-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Yeah I have to think that you fold the checkraise, I woulda have to put him on 2 8's, or maybe ace queen suited..

rory
09-28-2004, 02:35 AM
I think you played it fine.

This turn check raise stuff when the board pairs is a favorite way for the 15/30 LAGs to try to blow you off your hand. Calling down seems right against an unknown.

gamblore99
09-30-2004, 01:19 AM
it looks like your behind to one of AQ, AA, KK. I think most likely AA or KK, but I would still call this down unless I had a good read on him. I think table image is a big factor here, as if you fold this, then you are inviting many other players to get tricky hu.

Nate tha' Great
09-30-2004, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you played it fine.

This turn check raise stuff when the board pairs is a favorite way for the 15/30 LAGs to try to blow you off your hand. Calling down seems right against an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Rory. And I don't think KK/AA are too likely here in the absence of the preflop cap.