PDA

View Full Version : DAL/WAS

craig r
09-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Got to go with DAL +2 (bowmans has great lines. you really should not be without an account; especially if you bet dogs. PM if you want a referral /images/graemlins/cool.gif).

WAS is pretty banged up. Getting the extra point away from the sharp books and the public seems to like WAS. I will fade the public and take the 2.

craig

p.s. i have more reasons than the above, but somebody had posted earlier about people posting without giving any reasons. So, I wanted to post some. If I have time I will give reasons on all picks from now on.

Easy E
09-28-2004, 12:40 AM
but somebody had posted earlier about people posting without giving any reasons

And I was primarily pointing to the use of YTD records to "justify" the picks being touted.

But reasons are always good!

va_chier
09-28-2004, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And I was primarily pointing to the use of YTD records to "justify" the picks being touted.

[/ QUOTE ]

so when I posted this on sun:
[ QUOTE ]
arizona +9.5 +117

ytd nfl 2-2-0 -.02 units

[/ QUOTE ]
that was ok.
ytd records are a way to keep score for better or worse. as you can see I am not very good so I am no threat to your ego.

cheers matt

Easy E
09-28-2004, 07:46 AM
No, matt

First, I wasn't intending to call you out as much- my apologies if it read that way. I had seen that you had been posting for a bit.

However, to repeat myself, YTD records and current bankroll effects don't mean THAT much in justifying the "value" of someone's handicapping.... especially at the beginning of an NFL season. If you were just posting your record for information's sake, that's fine... but think about how we're supposed to interpret your posts.

And losing record doesn't have anything to do with it either. Two well-known examples (at least here): Big Al and natedogg didn't have the greatest weeks, but if you have seen their analysis over the past few years, you won't discount their overall skills because of what either one has done so far YTD.

My comment about given analysis, rather than won/loss records or +/- standings, applies to those as well. Maybe if we'd seen more of a writeup on Big Al's Shoe-In, it wouldn't have been accepted so blindly.... at least you can interpret the evaluation and decide if it makes sense to you enough to back it or reject it yourself.

No, this is NOT a "calling out Big Al" post either- and I assure you HIS ego isn't threatened

I could throw darts at a dartboard, post my ytd record and picks... would that make my "analysis" valid? I see that a lot from various posters; I hijacked your post to make a general comment.

threat to MY ego? you're misreading me badly.