PDA

View Full Version : 3-6 vs 5-10.

gamblore99
09-27-2004, 07:59 PM
I want to move to 5-10. I'm curious to know the differences in the games. specifically what adjustments I will have to make for the 5-10 game that may have worked in 3-6, and other things to be wary of.

Yes, I am already aware that players are more agressive, I am also aware that there are better players there. What I am looking for is things like "limping in early position with suited aces like A3s may work in 3-6 at party poker, but is -EV at 5-10." (Im not sure if thats true or not, just something I heard). Anything along those lines of how my 5-10 play should deviate from 3-6. thanks guys.

InchoateHand
09-27-2004, 08:16 PM
I think this has been addressed a few times, if you search you'll find a lot about it.

elindauer
09-27-2004, 08:22 PM
You've just made the 1000th post on this exact topic. Johnny, tell him what he's won! Ummm, yeah. I don't know. I can't come up with anything funny. Crap. I'm all... funnied... out. Your repetitive boring post has fried my silly little brain. You have me on posting tilt. Damn you.

Good luck at 5/10.

Eric

gamblore99
09-27-2004, 10:26 PM
awesome! can someone possibly give me a link to a good discussion on this?

Bob T.
09-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Despite the criticism that you might see on RGP, everyone's style here is a little different. If you are succeeding at 3-6, you can probably just bring your game to the 5-10 world, and you will do OK. You will make adjustments as time goes on, but they probably won't be the exact same adjustments that I would make, or that someone else would make.

The games are a little more aggressive, you have to play headsup after the flop more often, and you will face players with more weapons. But after a while playing there, you will be more aggressive, you will be a better headsup player, and you will learn some new plays to take advantage of other players. But as I said before, they won't be exactly the same set of plays that I use, because your style will be a little different, and that will require a slightly different group of plays.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.