PDA

View Full Version : Does this dress make me look fat?

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.16 BB

sublime
09-27-2004, 07:55 PM
3 bet the turn (you knew that though)

Take it from there skipper

elindauer
09-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Pretty bad. 3-bet the turn or check-raise the river. Your stop and go makes no sense. If you opponent is raising a one pair hand, you make the least. If he's semi-bluff raising, you charge him the least when he misses, while losing the most when he hits. Why would you play it this way?

About the only way your line is best is if he has a hand like AQ or a weak king and all of:

- is raising for a free showdown
- will not call a 3-bet
- will call a river bet

This won't happen nearly often enough to compensate for all the money you lose against players playing draws and calling down with top pair.

Good luck.
Eric

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Okay, the other guy had Q3o, with which he called my UTG+1 raise, slowplayed when he hit his two-pair, and kept pressing on the turn and river as if he had a monster.

I suck.

Stork
09-27-2004, 09:24 PM
I think the turn call is okay to give MP1 more confidence and bet where you most likeley have the best hand, but why do that if you're not going to raise the river- which is what you should have done.

sfer
09-27-2004, 09:58 PM
This is an easy turn 3-bizzle or, if you're feeling tricky (or know your dude well enough to know he'll always bet the river) a river check-rizzle. I like basic so I'd raise-a-trois on the turn.

And your dress doesn't make you look fat. That's your ass, honey.

brassnuts
09-27-2004, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And your dress doesn't make you look fat. That's your ass, honey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 2 minutes too late and you stole my response. GG.

Oh, and I 3bet the turn 19/20 times.