PDA

View Full Version : 4 Hands

Trix
09-27-2004, 06:23 PM
1)
vLoose-Passive/vWeak UTG limps, Tight?-Aggr CO raise, I coldcall KcQc in the SB, UTG calls.

Flop Th 4d 2s

checked around

Turn Jd

checked to CO who bets, UTG and me call. <font color="blue"> Bets or CR instead of check-call ?</font>

River Kd

Hero...

2) LPW limps, CO limps, LAG completes, I check 22.

Flop: 532r

LAG bets, I call ?

3) LAG openraises from CO, I 3bet JJ, he caps.

Flop: 963r

He bets, I call ?

Turn A

He bets, I raise (should just call down instead right?), he calls and I check behind on river.

4) vLoose/vWeak limps UTG, I raise AhQh, Tight?-Aggr SB coldcalls, UTG calls.

Flop Tc9c6x

I bet, SB Check-raises me, UTG coldcalls,(pot is 13SBs) I call ? (muck without the backdoor straight?)

Turn Ax

SB checks, UTG bets, I raise?, SB folds, UTG calls.

River x, he bets, I call. he had AxQc.

joker122
09-27-2004, 08:09 PM
1: It's likely that CO either holds overs or TT. Since an extremely loose passive player is in the hand I think overs are more likely because he knows a semi bluff has no value. The fact that you (a solid player) is in the hand might deter his semibluff also. So what overs could he have. I don't think his hand nessacarily includes a jack because he could now decide to semibluff that turn with all sorts of overcard hands that have 10 outs (or more). I would have check called the turn and bet the river.

2. I think I'd raise here because of the coordination. LPW and lag are likely to pay you off anyway so why not just collect from them while at the same time protecting your hand?

3. Certainly raise the flop. If he 3bets call down. I don't really understand the turn raise...I guess if he's that lag there's some value in it. Depending on how lag he is I think you might have a value bet on the river (it was a blank, right?)

4: This is perfect in my opinion. Also, I'd call the flop CR without the BD straight.

Trix
09-28-2004, 01:22 AM
2) I thought LPW would call overs for one bet, but not two, worth it ?

3) Yeah, I know the turnraise was bad. I guess you dont see much value in waiting instead of the flopraise?

4) I´m not that much into overcards on twotone boards, but maybe thats a function of having played many multiway pots. What is the lowest odds you would take here closing the action ?

joker122
09-28-2004, 02:32 AM
2. Well, he's not likely going to call 2BB with nothing on the turn, so it's probably better if you can get the extra SB out of him on the flop. However, sometimes he will hit on the turn and call 2BB, and you also get an extra BB out of LAG. Another thing I didn't consider enough is how small the pot is. Come to think of it, waiting until the turn here is actually good, IMO.

3. No, I don't really see the value in waiting. There are 12 cards I don't want to see on the turn.

4. I'd take probably 7.8:1 (no sarcasm intended). I realize that you don't always have 6 good outs but a few things to consider: 1. you might get a raise in on the turn or river (implied odds) 2. it might be a bluff (surely not uncommon in this game) and 3. you don't want to be pushed around on future hands. In this particular hand, it's not even close getting 13:1, and you have a player who is pretty much dead money and along for the ride the whole time, which gives you a much better price.