PDA

View Full Version : Wow...Did this just happen?

rjb03
09-27-2004, 06:18 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed)

MP2 (t1450)
CO (t2610)
Button (t3255)
SB (t1120)
BB (t835)
UTG (t1225)
Hero (t1380)
MP1 (t1625)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls t50, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t50, CO folds, Button calls t50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t250) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, MP2 folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises to t300</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1150</font>, SB calls t770 (All-In).

Turn: (t2470) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2470) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2470

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has Kc Kh (full house, kings full of queens).
Hero has Ks Qh (four of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins t2470. </font>

This is the worst bad beat I've ever put on anybody. Wow. I don't usually limp with KQ and would've folded preflop had he made a 3x-4x raise, but there's no way I could've put him on what he had. 55 might've been possible, but so could a range of other hands like a worse two pair. Did I play this right otherwise?

Allinlife
09-27-2004, 06:42 PM
welcome to 1-989

housenuts
09-27-2004, 06:44 PM
that is pretty brutal. i will share mine from the other day. it worked out to i had a 2.8% chance of winning the hand after the flop.

I was BB and got into the hand for free with 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. The flop came out 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. For some reason I pushed all in. It was an absolutely horrible play but we don't need to discuss that. Someone called with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. He had the flush made, and a straight flush draw. The turn came 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and the river was 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif to make my boat. I was embarassed and the other guy didn't even say anything. That's the worst beat I've laid on someone.

wmpoker
09-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Since this has turned into a bit of a bad beat thread I might as well share a very similar bad beat story I had in a B&amp;M club near my hometown. I was on the BB with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I check and we see a flop. the flop comes 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I was feeling pretty good about flopping the nut straight and an open ended straight flush draw. The SB is out of the hand so I am first to act. The man to my left was an unusually loose player so I check in hopes of a bet. He bets out 6x the BB. I double the bet and he raises all-in for another 30x the BB. I readily call and smile as he flips over the K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I realize he needs to make running 6s (but not the 6 of diamonds), running 9s, running kings, K9, or 96 (again not the 6 of diamonds). The next card off the deck is the shining, red, SIX /images/graemlins/heart.gif. My heart sank at the sight of this card. I am legendary in my home game for the number out outdraws I suffer and this was shaping up to be yet another one for the books. Much to my amazement (but not surprise), the nasty river card was the 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif giving the man to my left sixes full and leaving me stunned. That was one of the worst...Any other bad stories?

nolanfan34
09-27-2004, 07:06 PM
This is the important part of the post.

[ QUOTE ]
SB completes

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't raise PF, you played it perfectly, I would expect to see someone call you with a weak K, or club draw. I would have been shocked to see KK.

So, you played it fine. And I bet he wishes he raised PF.

Eihli
09-27-2004, 07:18 PM
A little off-subject, but, is this how everyone plays KQo in ep in this stage of a s&amp;g?

housenuts
09-27-2004, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A little off-subject, but, is this how everyone plays KQo in ep in this stage of a s&amp;g?

[/ QUOTE ]

i might fold this PF, especially UTG+1

patrick dicaprio
09-27-2004, 07:43 PM
in my home game two players got all in. The board came 66766. The first player had QQ. The second had A5(!). so the player with the QQ got his higher boat counterfeited because the A became player 2's kicker, and he lost all of his chips. Not that is a bad beat. the realkicker is that player two got 4 6's again the next day.

Pat

patrick dicaprio
09-27-2004, 07:46 PM
i think limping is fine but marginal. i wouldnt limp though if i recognize that I am unable to fold this hand to a big bet on the flop if only a Q comes.

Pat

rjb03
09-27-2004, 08:04 PM
Actually, I fold KQo in EP much more often than not. I just called this time because there wasn't much preflop raising in the previous hands and thought I could see the flop cheap.