PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best No Limit Book?

BeerMoney
09-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Is it SuperSystem?

RobGW
09-27-2004, 03:20 PM
I would say that is the best one I have read so far. Don't waist your money on anything else. Trust me.

BradleyT
09-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Get Pot Limit and No Limit Poker by Ciaffone and Rueben. Trust me.

kiddo
09-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Yep, 90% will agree on this. There are a lot of posters about this if you search in the forum.

KingMarc
09-27-2004, 05:50 PM
Is Cloutier/Mcevoys nl he book any good?

felson
09-27-2004, 06:49 PM
No.

Stew
09-27-2004, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, no.

MEbenhoe
09-27-2004, 07:07 PM
It can be good for tournament strategy, but definitely not for cash games. I believe Mason has said this as well, although I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. Also I should add I haven't read this book and only am going off of what I've heard from other people.

jtnt1096
09-28-2004, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the Cloutier/McEvoy books gets a bum rap. I have found the book very helpful. I was an average tourney player at best before reading this book and since I have done pretty well in home game tournies, plus SNG & multi-table tourneys at Stars.

I provides a solid foundation and does a solid job of leading you into other books. I have read other books since, but it was the Cloutier/McEvoy book that really hit home and gave me the foundation to build off of.

I recommend the following books for NL tourney play (in order):

No Limit Texas Hold Em: Beginners Series - McEvoy(Beginners)
No Limit & Pot Limit Hold Em - Cloutier/McEvoy
Theory of Poker - Sklansky
Pot Limit & No Limit Poker - Ciaffone/Reuben
Tournament Poker For Advanced Players - Sklansky
Championship Satellite Strategy - McEvoy (SNG Players)

I am also looking forward to new books in the next few months like Super System 2, Harrington's NL book, Ciaffone's new NL book, etc.