PDA

View Full Version : Pesky 4 flushes

JDErickson
09-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Very loose passive table. Does anyone here bet the river?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between BB, UTG and Hero.</font>

esspo
09-27-2004, 01:46 PM
No. I think this is one of those many times that the uber fish won't bet a hand that beats you, but they will call. After you check the turn, even thinking players would probably call with any club.

I think the real question is whether you should bet the turn. I remember one of Sklansky's books talking about betting in certain situations when you may have no outs. Anyone care to elaborate if this is one of those situations? If no on responds, I'll look it up when I get home from work.

J.R.
09-27-2004, 01:49 PM
I'd often bet the turn. You may fold a small club, can fold to a check-raise without any outs and you invite a bluff on the river.