PDA

View Full Version : The Human Race

Zeno
09-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Can anyone give me good reasons for allowing the existence of the Human Race to continue? Good reasons being more than just, 'Beer is Good' type responses or reasons, as everyone knows that 'Beer is Good’ (or Sex is Good) and that Good Beer is even better, but I consider this a dismal peg to hang your reason hat on. Continual BEERISM leads nowhere, as does a continual anything really.

So how about some fresh Good Reasons for the continued existence of humanity. Seriously, I cannot think of any. So perhaps the collective brainpower of the other other topics forum can supply some useful answers. I am at a loss (well almost, I have several ideas).

Le Misanthrope

John Cole
09-27-2004, 01:40 PM
How about hub caps that spin when the car has stopped?

scotnt73
09-27-2004, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hes got you there zeno. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i think humor is our saving grace.

Zeno
09-27-2004, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you add lights and sparklers to the hub caps then we are certainly making progress towards at least one reason. Thank you John. You are restoring my 'faith' in humanity. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

Zeno
09-27-2004, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hes got you there zeno. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i think humor is our saving grace.

[/ QUOTE ]

¡Olé!

The humor/entertainment reason card is the ace of spades in the 'reasons for continuing human existence deck'.

-Zeno

ThaSaltCracka
09-27-2004, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] They're called spinners or spreewell's.

www.urbandictionary.com (http://www.urbandictionary.com) is your friend

benfranklin
09-27-2004, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So how about some fresh Good Reasons for the continued existence of humanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

To search for intelligent life on earth /images/graemlins/confused.gif

andyfox
09-27-2004, 02:27 PM
I bought my son a copy of Romeo and Juliet for less than $5 at Barnes and Noble yesterday.

Kurn, son of Mogh
09-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Can anyone give me good reasons for allowing the existence of the Human Race to continue?

These people (http://www.vhemt.org) will be no help to you.

brick
09-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Ok, so the human race slowly builds up knowledge until one day they begin some serious introspection. We're killing the Earth. We're killing each other.

Zeno's conclusion: We don't even deserve to be here.

Take a step back, and look at how much progress has been made. The life of the average person is so much better.

We are making progress. It is difficult to see sometimes.

The reason is Hope.

brick
09-27-2004, 03:27 PM
I felt compelled to respond to my own response.

Being a Christian I believe that Humans are a creation designed by God, and that sin prevents this creation from ever being perfect.
My hope is in God's grace.

Sundevils21
09-27-2004, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Being a Christian I believe that Humans are a creation designed by God, and that sin prevents this creation from ever being perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. F'ing Adam and Eve ruined our paradise.

[ QUOTE ]
Take a step back, and look at how much progress has been made. The life of the average person is so much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure about this. I guess its what you would call "better". I don't think people in general are happier than throughout history. I definatly don't think more "stuff" makes people happy. People also used to live WAAAYYYYY longer than they do now.

SnakeRat
09-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Food, Shelter, Sex, Companionship are some of what make people happy.
Modern "stuff" makes all of these more plentiful and convenient than ever.

"People also used to live WAAAYYYYY longer than they do now."
No they didn't. I know a certain book says they did, but I also know another book where there are these wizards, elves, and dwarves which live WAAAAAAYYY longer than people do now. Neither book accurately describes reality in this regard.

brick
09-27-2004, 04:16 PM
I don't know if happy/sad is exactly what I'm refering to.

If you took a person who had lived an "average" life (what ever that is), both today and 400 years ago. They would all choose to live today.

That is why my two replies seem to conradict each other.

Duke
09-27-2004, 06:30 PM
It was better before you responded to it.

~D