PDA

View Full Version : Fold AA?!?

jah0550
09-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Last night on Party. 8 Handed-blinds t30. Hero(1500) gets delt A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button. UTG(600) limps. UTG+1(850) limps. The rest fold. Hero raises to 150. SB and BB fold. UTG calls. UTG+1 folds.
Flop
3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG comes out and bets 175. Hero?
Results in white:
<font color="white"> </font> Hero reraises all-in. UTG calls with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG wins 1305. <font color="white"> </font>

nuclear500
09-27-2004, 12:33 PM
With the three flush on the board I don't think I'd have reraised all in. I'd have raised him and see what he did. He might believe you for the Ah hoping to catch another so he'd be weary of that.

I'd check the turn and see what he did. If he bet out, I'd probably fold. He'd probably push on the turn if it wasn't another heart.

I know I would.

Solitare
09-27-2004, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With the three flush on the board I don't think I'd have reraised all in. I'd have raised him and see what he did. He might believe you for the Ah hoping to catch another so he'd be weary of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

With his flop bet, UTG has committed 325 of his 600 chips to a very scary board. Whether he is semi-bluffing or not, he is clearly signaling that he will push the rest of his chips in if necessary. So if you are going to reraise UTG's flop bet, it might as well be all-in because he is giving every indication of going all the way with this hand.

stupidsucker
09-27-2004, 02:00 PM
This is a good time to lay down AA. Its hard, it sucks, but its better for you.

durron597
09-27-2004, 02:07 PM
This is a pretty standard fold against a non-idiot.

reecelights
09-27-2004, 02:08 PM
I agree with a laydown here. He would not have bet into you unless he hit this flop, or unless he was really brave. Unless you know him to bet into raisers as a bluff or semibluff steal attempt, you should fold. The fact that he didn't push showed that he was not A high and probably put you on an A. He's pot committed after his bet, so even if he missed, he still has a 35% chance to hit.

Tough laydown. I had to make a similar choice the other day...see my post "First Hand AA" http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1061478&amp;page=3&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1#1061478

Daliman
09-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Easy fold on flop. He is either beating you already,(which he was) or has a straight, flush, or BOTH draw, which will double through you more than one out of three times.