PDA

View Full Version : Did I misplay this hand? ( a beautiful 102o)

acdcc
09-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Early in the starts $500 tourney yesterday (blinds 10/20) ,I am dealt 10s 2c in the SB. UTG limps, middle position player limps and I complete in SB. Flop 8s, 10d, 2s. UTG bet out $100, MP calls, I raise to $320. UTG reraises to $820, MP folds and I move all in. Thoughts? Results to follow.. (not good, as you can imagine!)

Superfluous Man
09-27-2004, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Early in the starts $500 tourney yesterday (blinds 10/20) ,I am dealt 10s 2c in the SB. UTG limps, middle position player limps and I complete in SB. Flop 8s, 10d, 2s. UTG bet out $100, MP calls, I raise to $320. UTG reraises to $820, MP folds and I move all in. Thoughts? Results to follow.. (not good, as you can imagine!)

[/ QUOTE ]
My thought is that even for half a bet I would have mucked this preflop (now, for a third of a bet, like in level 1 of a Party tournament where blinds are 10-15, I'd probably complete for 5 more and hope for a miracle flop).

With T2o, when you hit two pair, you can't feel too safe, as it's never going to be top two pair. And if you hit trip tens, some limper could possibly have the case T with, obviously, a much better kicker. The only flops you really want to see are ones that contain at least two deuces, TT2, or TTT.

That said, this isn't a bad flop, though. You're not likely to be up against T8 here (if the 8 were a 9 or a face card, you're much more likely to be up against top two). I imagine utg was hoping to limp-reraise preflop with AA or KK. And if you put him on this, you're right to play this 2 pair fast on the flop; you're at least a 2:1 favorite (if he has a flush draw with AKs) or a 7:3 favorite (worst case overpair, where he has a spade), so get the money in there. If he had TT, 88, or 22, then tough luck, next tournament.

willie24
09-27-2004, 12:41 PM
i think you definitely played this hand right. there's just too great a chance that he has high pockets or A10 to fold. i think that every play you made this hand was a winning play. if he had high pockets and drew out on you, tough luck. good play.