PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a fun poker game?

ThePopinjay
09-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Plays like hold em except 1 player plays as two players side by side. So HU would be me with 2 sets of cards, and 2 turns to act, vs opponent with the same. I think it could be fun. You have a collective stack that you can redistribute between stacks at all times as well. But if you first hand bets, the second must call raise or fold.

Louie Landale
09-27-2004, 01:26 PM
I notice that if you make the nuts with one hand that the other should cap it with crap. This means that you should regularly check the first hand and bet the 2nd. That puts a LOT of pressure on the opponents.

This game features card-reading ..err.. tells above all other skills.

No. Change the rules so that a player can only play one of the two hands.

- Louie

luckycharms
09-27-2004, 05:54 PM
We used to play that game with .50/$1 blinds in high school. There were a few variations.... here's my favorite:

No ante, no blind. Each player (up to 4 people) gets 4 different holdem hands. First player looks at their first hand and decides whether to play it for $1 (or to raise). He can't look at his 2nd hand before deciding on his first, and so on. After he calls or folds his 4 hands, it goes to the next player. The catch: every player MUST play a hand. If you fold your first 3, you gotta play the last one. Then it proceeds from there as normal NLHE. The catch to that is that you can checkraise yourself to add equity, but then you're risking double what everyone else is. Fun game.