PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week #3

Toro
09-27-2004, 07:55 AM
Bye week for the Patriots. Boring, boring, boring, but at least it's out of the way. Indy's offense looks good but defense wins championships. Seattle still rolling along as does Philly. Still a lot of undefeated teams but you got beleive some are just pretenders(no offense Jacksonsville).

Anyone getting excited yet about their team? Feel free to embellish as Manning lovers have done in another thread.

Edge34
09-27-2004, 09:35 AM
5 TDs and 396 yards through the air. Embellishment? The numbers speak for themselves.

Donovan McNabb is my Fantasy team's new hero. 3 straight weeks of HUGE production.

Roy Williams - Rookie of the Year.

Vikings - still sloppy, but the offense is still a monster and the defense...well, they're better than last year /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-Edge

Toro
09-27-2004, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
5 TDs and 396 yards through the air. Embellishment? The numbers speak for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Impressive numbers to be sure but it's just a relatively meaningless game in week 3 of the season. He's still got to prove it in the playoffs and Super Bowl if he ever plays one. Remember, before last year, he had never won a playoff game.

WC64
09-27-2004, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Impressive numbers to be sure but it's just a relatively meaningless game in week 3 of the season. He's still got to prove it in the playoffs and Super Bowl if he ever plays one. Remember, before last year, he had never won a playoff game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why he will go further this year (I hope)

Anyway, I got to watch the Jaguars and they looked pretty impressive to me defensively and their offense has potential so I think they could be dangerous, but lets see how they do this week.

nolanfan34
09-27-2004, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Roy Williams - Rookie of the Year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to begrudgingly say that I'm pretty impressed by this guy so far. After watching my Cougs pretty much shut him down in the Holiday Bowl last year, I thought he was a bit overrated. One of those athlete types that wouldn't be able to make the transition to the NFL without some struggles. But I'll admit, he's a monster, a TO clone.

As a long-time Seahawks fan and Seattle-ite, I always reserve my enthusiasm when they have a hot start, as they always manage to let everyone down. 16 years since they've won a playoff game, for gosh sakes.

But - this year they really are looking good. Two tough road wins to start the season, and yesterday's thumping of the Niners was amazing. The run defense, which was the achilles heel of the team for the past few years, looks incredible. And with Trufant and Lucas playing tough at the corners, Bobby Taylor and Ken Hamlin have room to manuver in the secondary. I'm very impressed so far.

Can't wait for their game against the Pats, especially if both teams manage to be undefeated at that point of the season...