PDA

View Full Version : Virus from Sklansky?

07-07-2002, 05:18 AM
I received and email from Dsklansky@aol.com which said something like, This is a new Website. I expect you will like it. It had a download attached. I didn't open it. I already deleted it, but I doubt it was sent by Oz.

07-07-2002, 05:38 AM
Brett,

I had a very similar email but not from David. There seems to be more junk and suspicious email now than ever. Does anyone fall for the Nigerian investment scams?

Regards,

Rick

07-07-2002, 07:07 AM
what, like this one?

this is a scam?!

dang - and i thought my financial worries were over:

>From: "ceaser ceaser"

> >Subject: URGENT AND CONFIDENTIAL

> >Date: 6 Jul 2002 07:23:29 -0000

> >MR. Ceaser David.

> >3/5 RIDER HAGGARD

> >CLOSE, JO, BORG

> >SOUTH AFRICA.

> >Tel: 874 - 762864167

> >Fax: 874 - 762864168

> > (URGENT AND CONFIDENTIAL)

> > (RE: TRANSFER OF ($ 126,000,000.00 USD}

> > ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX MILLION DOLLARS

> >Dear sir,

> >We want to transfer to overseas account

> >($ 126,000,000.00 USD) one hundred and twenty six

> >million United States Dollars) from a Prime Bank in

> >Africa, I want to ask you to quietly look for a

> >reliable and honest person who will be capable and

> >fit to provide either an existing bank account or to

> >set up a new Bank a/c immediately to receive this

> >money, even an empty a/c can serve to receive this

> >money, as long as you will remain honest to me till

> >the end of this important business trusting in you

> >and believing in God that you will never let me down

> >either now or in future.

> >I am Mr.Ceaser David,the Auditor General of one of the

> >prime banks here South Africa, during the course of

> >our auditing,I discovered a floating fund in an

> >account opened in the bank in 1990 and since 1993

> >nobody has operated on this account again, after going

> >through some old files in the records I discovered

> >that the owner of the account died without a [heir]

> >hence the money is floating and if I do not remit

> >this money out urgently it will be forfeited for

> >nothing. The owner of this account is Mr. Allan

> >P.Seaman, a foreigner, and an industrialist, and he

> >died, since 1993. and no other person knows about

> >this account or any thing concerning it, the account

> >has no other beneficiary and my investigation proved

> >to me as well that Allan P. Seaman until his death

> >was the manager Of Diamond Safari [pty]. SA.

> >We will start the first phase of the transfer with

> >twenty six

> >million [$26,000,000 USD] upon successful transaction

> >without any disappointment from your side, we shall

> >re-apply for the payment of the remaining Balance

> >amount to your account.

> >The amount involved is (USD 126 M ) One hundred and

> >Twenty six million United States Dollars only. I want

> >to first transfer $26,000,000.00 [Twenty six million

> >United States Dollar] from this money into a safe

> >foreigners account abroad before the rest, but I

> >don't know any foreigner, I am only contacting you

> >as a foreigner because this money can not be approved

> >to a local person here, without valid international

> >foreign passport, but can only be approved to any

> >foreigner with valid international passport or

> >drivers license and foreign a/c because the money is

> >in US dollars and the former owner of the a/c Mr.

> >Allan P. Seaman is a foreigner too,and the money can

> >only be approved into a foreign a/c.

> >However, we will sign a binding agreement, to bind

> [...]

07-07-2002, 07:28 AM
If your email reader shows you the headers, it's not to hard to find the person sending out the emails. You can email each successive address notifying them of this issue. Usually when a few people start complaining they will usually take an action and sometimes cancel the users account.

Here is a link to the netabuse faq, sometimes they will help:

Mike

07-07-2002, 03:16 PM

07-07-2002, 08:37 PM
well

ok

thank you

i'll treat that like all your other advice and send him $1000 to fool him into thinking i trust him

bit like betting on AKs after a crap flop i guess

07-08-2002, 12:08 AM
Rick,

I got an email like that one, and responded that I would be more than willing to go into business with that fellow. I also stated that, since I was homeless, using public access computers and jobless, that I'd need him to forward me $20K to establish a residence, purchase business attire, purchase a computer and for other incidentals. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from him yet.

07-08-2002, 12:34 AM

07-08-2002, 05:59 PM
methinks you protesteth to mucheth

07-08-2002, 09:37 PM
And how could he protest any less, short of not answering at all?