PDA

View Full Version : hmmm

Diplomatdcm
09-26-2004, 11:58 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

DeeJ
09-27-2004, 07:03 AM
I prefer to check-raise with second pair top kicker on the flop, because he may fold a small pair or Ax that didn't hit.

It's very stop and go. Nobody else has replied, what was your take on this?

My guess, in the dark since you post no clues - UTG had K9, possibly suited /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Diplomatdcm
09-27-2004, 01:35 PM
sorry, no clues cause i was not that sure about his play generally. 4 handed, typical 15 player, relativly laggy, i figure i was prolly good on the flop, but I did not want to push him off any A, which was a disticnt possibly, since i think his raise could easly be any A, which gives him between 3 and .5 outs. Otherwise I think I win one bet more from missed overcards and lose one less to an over pair, T etc., esp cause it would be very hard for him to raise the river. And on the river I felt he would call with any A any pair I beat and any good K, and would check will all these hands, what you think?
Dave

JasonP530
09-28-2004, 03:36 AM
Played very well, especially with the bet on the end. I am raising you with a decent 9 however, because it sure doesnt look like you have a Jack.

DeeJ
09-28-2004, 05:02 AM
OK, if he was rather laggy he could have pretty much anything including a card above a Ten /images/graemlins/smile.gif shorthanded.

you have a strong hand, I would want to know whether he would 3-bet a check-raise on the flop.

It could be a crying call but I agree with the other poster that it sure doesn't look like you have a Jack /images/graemlins/smile.gif

what did he have?