PDA

View Full Version : Vote: Most +EV standard flop play

ilya
09-26-2004, 11:49 PM
I've got to go with:

You're in the BB, the SB completes. It's heads-up. When he checks the flop, you bet pot no matter what you have.

AleoMagus
09-27-2004, 01:55 AM
I'm going to go with

You are on the button with AKs. UTG raises preflop. everybody calls! You just call also. You flop royal flush.
SB pushes, all call.

My standard play in this situation is to call also. It's very +EV /images/graemlins/grin.gif

An honorable mention is this play

Heads up with ilya. AA in SB, just complete. Check the flop /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry.. I couldn't resist

Regards
Brad S

MrFeelNothin
09-27-2004, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you bet pot no matter what you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

heads up checkraise no matter what i have.

ilya
09-27-2004, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
An honorable mention is this play

Heads up with ilya. AA in SB, just complete. Check the flop /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aleo, I know you aren't the biggest fan of the "standard" anything when it comes to poker....but this play (potting when the SB checks) has been so ridiculously effective for me at the $20s that I must say I would have to recommend it for a total beginner as one of his 'automatic' plays. I don't doubt that it's much less effective (maybe even -EV, I guess) against tougher, more agressive opponents at the higher levels.

ilya
09-27-2004, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you bet pot no matter what you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

heads up checkraise no matter what i have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, sure...I'm not necessarily saying it's a good play...I'm just saying, at the $20s, you'll take down the pot right there a good 70-80% of the time.

SmileyEH
09-27-2004, 12:34 PM
I would bet 3/4 pot to increase your profit.

-SmileyEH

ilya
09-27-2004, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet 3/4 pot to increase your profit.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.