PDA

View Full Version : bubble dilemas

stripsqueez
09-26-2004, 11:30 PM
4 left in a $200 NL SNG - i have T2400 - i get red 10's and post the BB of T400 - folded to the SB who just calls

the SB has T2800 - the leader (UTG on this hand) has T3800 and the short stack T800

what to do ? - the SB seems normal enough - he has passed the SB to me a couple of times and called once before in the same situation and i didnt get to see what he had - there is always the risk of a slowplay with a bigger pocket pair - alternatively i wouldnt be shocked if he had 76s

if you choose check the flop comes Q banana grape and the SB checks - what now ?

if you choose say a mini raise the same thing happens

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Graham
09-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Stick in 600 and see if he likes it. You can't check. Don't worry about a bigger pp - he shouldn't be allowing the blind to try and flop free against him in this spot...unless you've been very aggressive recently, and he's maybe hoping you'll pop him.

I'da raised preflop for sure.

jmho, I'm no expert

Jason Strasser
09-26-2004, 11:39 PM
I push preflop, unless you are really freaked out about the call. IE, if this is a crazy aggressive player (who would raise a ton here), then I would certainly check and play the flop. But if this is a standard opponent, pushing preflop has to be EV.

-Jason

wjmooner
09-26-2004, 11:39 PM
With the bb at 400 and 800 in the pot I'm all in as soon as he limps. If he has JJ-AA so be it. He'll probably muck everything except for these, a couple lower pp's and AK-AJ with a push.

I play 10's and 20's, so less tricky play though usually.

C

ChrisV
09-27-2004, 12:45 AM
Move in. The short stack is not so short that he's out of it. If he has AA-JJ it's just too bad. The vast majority of the time you will simply pick up the pot.

stripsqueez
09-27-2004, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Move in. The short stack is not so short that he's out of it. If he has AA-JJ it's just too bad. The vast majority of the time you will simply pick up the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks jason and chris

quick sanity check - i pushed - he had KK - no surprises

stripsqueez - chickenhawk