PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 KQs Button 4way capped preflop

mc1023
09-26-2004, 10:12 PM
First post! late morning pp game pretty tight-passive at the moment of this hand. I have UTG seeing only 27% to the flop and likes to reraise pocket pairs from that position. comments on the play?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (9.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (9.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.25 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>

Stork
09-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Looks pretty good, I might have bet the turn.

mc1023
09-27-2004, 12:55 AM
thats what I was thinking a turn bet, show a little aggression since I have position and its been checked around to me twice

AlwaysWrong
09-27-2004, 06:08 AM
The pf betting makes things very confusing. I don't think you were ahead on the flop or the turn, and there seems to be a decent chance that you would get check-raised.. your opponents seem to like tricky plays, with all that limp, call, cap action. You had weak draws that really didn't want to get checkraised and you took your free cards. I like it.

samdash
09-27-2004, 06:10 AM
Betting the turn would just be crazy. I'd say based on the action so far there is a remote chance someone is slowplaying and I doubt hero could get even ace high to fold. You have King high and they have just offered a free river to you where you may have 4, 7 or 10 outs. Take it for free I think.

Benjamin
09-27-2004, 04:23 PM
I like taking the free cards. After all that action preflop it seems highly likely that at least one of your opponents is going to showdown with their pocket pair or big ace.

B.

Benjamin
09-27-2004, 04:23 PM
I like taking the free cards. After all that action preflop it seems highly likely that at least one of your opponents is going to showdown with their pocket pair or big ace.

B.

Jeff W
09-27-2004, 06:21 PM
You have no showdown value in this situation and you probably won't fold all 3 players with a bet even if you bet again on the river. Thank god that you're getting a free card and then take it. You do not want to be checkraised here.

mc1023
09-27-2004, 07:46 PM
oh and CO had KJ and was waiting to checkraise the turn on me incase you guys wondering what he had.