PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist Murderer In Iraq Power Grab

Cyrus
09-26-2004, 08:19 PM
No, this is not about the murderer Al Zarquawi.

It's about the current Prime Minister of Iraq (the one John Kerry gor flak for criticising). Seems like the eminent Mr Allawi had engaged in some ...youthful indiscretions in his time.

Article (http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040628fa_fact)

Choice sample:

Allawi moved to London in 1971, ostensibly to continue his medical education; there he was in charge of the European operations of the Baath Party organization and the local activities of the Mukhabarat, its intelligence agency, until 1975.

“If you’re asking me if Allawi has blood on his hands from his days in London, the answer is yes, he does,” Vincent Cannistraro, the former C.I.A. officer, said. “He was a paid Mukhabarat agent for the Iraqis, and he was involved in dirty stuff.”

A cabinet-level Middle East diplomat, who was rankled by the U.S. indifference to Allawi’s personal history, told me early this month that Allawi was involved with a Mukhabarat “hit team” that sought out and killed Baath Party dissenters throughout Europe.

cardcounter0
09-26-2004, 08:44 PM
The Bush Administration tied up with muderous thugs? You must be mistaken.

IrishHand
09-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Since when did all murderers become thugs? Or does this only apply to non-American murderers? Seriously...nobody refers to our foreign operatives as "murderous thugs", but any other nationality that engages in such activities is a thug? I prefer to use the "thug" label when it acutally means something. /images/graemlins/smile.gif