PDA

View Full Version : Inane hypothetical

GimmeDaWatch
09-26-2004, 07:00 PM
All folded to Villain in the CO who raises to 4xBB (you each have a 100BB buy-in of equal size). You know villain as a fairly solid, conservative, weak-tightish type who views you as roughly the same. You're in the SB and decide to call w/AK. Flop comes down A92 rainbow. Presume for this post that you know CO has AQo, what is your play on the Flop, Turn, and River? How would this differ if you were on the Button? Assuming you didnt re-raise preflop, would your play change significantly if you held KK and the flop were Q92?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
09-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Get him to bet for you.

GimmeDaWatch
09-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Right, obviously thats what Im getting at, and Ive been in similar situations recently where I put my opponent on a decent hand. Ill have a slightly bigger hand than I put him on and have him drawing pretty thin, and its changed my thinking somewhat on just blindly raising whenever you think you have your opponent beat. Perhaps on the 1st hand check-call, check-call, bet out on the river. Or maybe bet out modestly representing a weak Ace, getting him to raise you, then check-call, bet out on the river.