PDA

View Full Version : BLUFF, The magazine...

bigfishead
09-26-2004, 06:55 PM
I just read the first issue. Am I the only one that thinks this is trash? nice format but content is pretty sucky.

Leo99
09-26-2004, 07:08 PM
I just picked up a copy at the Taj's poker room last night. It's a little fluffy but it could get better. They have a lot of big names signed up to write for the magazine. Did you pass the fish quiz?

bigfishead
09-26-2004, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just picked up a copy at the Taj's poker room last night. It's a little fluffy but it could get better. They have a lot of big names signed up to write for the magazine. Did you pass the fish quiz?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just reading that quiz is fishy. That was a dumbass quiz for sure. No content or thought. Directed to the new tv player for sure.

Leo99
09-26-2004, 07:24 PM
I never heard of two card Manila so I guess I'm a fish. The magazine is clearly targeted at the new TV player so the quiz seems to fit perfectly.

Mason Malmuth
09-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Hi B..fishead:

We had some communication with the Bluff people. They objected to our deleting a post they had put up here about their poker leagues. In our communication, I discovered that the magazine was being put together by only two people, and they had no idea who David Sklansky was.

However, I haven't seen the issue and I'll withhold final judgement until then.

By the way, I have seen the two issues of All-in magazine and my opinion isn't much better than what is being described for Bluff. But to be fair, both these magazines are not being aimed, as far as I can tell, at very serious players like those who post here, but more at the general public who has become intrigued with poker.

Best wishes,
Mason

Boopotts
09-27-2004, 12:02 AM
I haven't seen the first issue yet, but I'm going to have an article appearing in a forthcoming issue. Hopefully it will be an improvement content-wise over the issue just released.

One thing I'll say is that Eric Morris-- one of the guys running it-- seems to be a very nice guy who really wants the magazine to succeed. Not that this justifies lousy content, but it gives me reason to root for them.

bigfishead
09-27-2004, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi B..fishead:

We had some communication with the Bluff people. They objected to our deleting a post they had put up here about their poker leagues. In our communication, I discovered that the magazine was being put together by only two people, and they had no idea who David Sklansky was.

However, I haven't seen the issue and I'll withhold final judgement until then.

By the way, I have seen the two issues of All-in magazine and my opinion isn't much better than what is being described for Bluff. But to be fair, both these magazines are not being aimed, as far as I can tell, at very serious players like those who post here, but more at the general public who has become intrigued with poker.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally speaking this type of problem is the reason so many business ventures fail. Lack of knowledge in the area or the type of business they are venturing into. And underfunding(Just ask me!). They may be fantastic publishers but they seem to have no knowledge of poker. Good luck to them. I hope they get some help real fast, I wish them success. Maybe they will see comments such as these and take a serious look at what they need to do.

Toro
09-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Do you have a link for this magazine as I'd like to look at it on-line.

Leo99
09-27-2004, 10:57 AM
www.bluffmagazine.com (http://www.bluffmagazine.com)