PDA

View Full Version : Changing my game 1

Kluddeludde
09-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Since reading SSH I've been doing some changes with my game, whether good or bad I don't know. I have four hands that I would have played differently before and I need some feedback on them. I'll do two post, so that you won't get bored.

A6s:

MP2 is TAG. CO is a loose guy (VPIP around 30) and sort of passive. Button is unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 <font color="purple">(TAG)</font> raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO <font color="purple">(Loose)</font> calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, TAG calls, Loose calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, TAG folds, Loose calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, Loose checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, Loose calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Loose raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.20 BB

J7s:

I pick up J7s on the button. A VERY loose player (VPIP around 70%) limps in middle position. Both blinds are loose. I raise.

I really think that I screwed this one up, but what if the blinds had been tighter?

Kludde

Rico Suave
09-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Kluddeludde:

Hand 1:

I am not 3-betting the flop with a 1 card straight draw on a 2 tone board. You can probably argue that check calling the flop is the best play, but I do not hate the flop bet. Everything else looks fine.

Hand 2: I would just limp with a really loose guy and loose blinds. I would raise in that spot if the limper was weak--meaning I could often pick up pot if the flop missed him--and the blinds were at least reasonably tight. Most of the time, I would just simply fold.

--Rico