PDA

View Full Version : Losing huge pots when a huge favorite

Greeksquared
09-26-2004, 04:36 PM
I played last night for about 6 hours from midnight to 6 a the party 100 NL. Probably the easiest money I could ever make. I could have made a whole lot more if it werent for 3 hands.
I lost with a king high flush to rivered boat of a two pair with another smaller flush already in. 300 dollar pot and 90 percent fav. Lost with AA to a flush draw all in on flop also called by top pair. 400 dollar pot 49 percent fav. Lost to absolute maniac who was going all in on a third of his hands with AK vs 53 65 percent fav. 250 dollar pot. I swear I think I am the worst at winning big pots. I won quite a few large pots last night but I ended up losing my three biggest pots....freakin a 1000 dollars(expected value winning of more than 600). I ended up about 300 for the session but raaaa!!! I did not slow play any of the hands and got all my money in when I was a favorite. Anyways..anybody else feel like they cannont win big pots.

Big pots is what its all about for me. I am a pretty tight player so if I lose a couple of these big pots I will be trouble. Anyways..sorry for the rant..just wanted to say that I believe NL on party is almost entirely about winning these big all-ins.

out!

Justin A
09-26-2004, 04:54 PM
Not to be disrespectful, but in the future you should not post bad beat stories. They are a part of poker, which you seem to realize. More importantly, nobody cares because most on this forum have experienced much worse. It's called variance, and you have to expect it when you play poker.

I advise you to stick with it and remember that if the fish didn't occasionally suck out, they wouldn't be playing poker and giving you their money in the first place.

Justin A

Greeksquared
09-26-2004, 05:37 PM
My point was about playing big pots. Big pots is whats its all about. And it sucks to lose big pots. I dont care about small pots when I first enter the game and have 50x the blinds. Once I build my stack I think the small pots become easier to win. I think people think too much about winning these small pots and risk too much to win them. This is just my opinion and it works for me.

cornell2005
09-26-2004, 06:07 PM
bla