PDA

View Full Version : Am I That Big Of A Donkey . . . Or Is It Just Result Oriented Thinking

InternetPokerPro
09-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.33 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.33 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 17.33 BB

mmcd
09-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Its impossible to answer yor question without opponent info.

Against a reasonable opponent in the 15 game, he is going to have an overpair, and you will be drawing to 2 outs the vast majority of the time.

The presence of the club draw makes it a lot closer, but its still a fold on the turn.

astroglide
09-26-2004, 03:53 PM
capping preflop is the only real choice i see in this hand

InternetPokerPro
09-26-2004, 04:02 PM
That was one of my problems . . . I had not information on my opponent?

InternetPokerPro
09-26-2004, 04:03 PM
What % of the time would you fold the turn here against an unknown player?

Nate tha' Great
09-26-2004, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What % of the time would you fold the turn here against an unknown player?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not fold the turn here.

skp
09-26-2004, 08:24 PM
On the net, against an unknown player, I wouldn't fold the turn.

As an aside, almost everyone will raise the flop on this hand. I would too (often but not always).

But why is the flop raise made? what are the reasons? A consideration of those resaons might tell us that raising the turn is better or just as good. It may even tell us that just calling down all the way is just as good or even better.

1800GAMBLER
09-26-2004, 09:01 PM
I think capping preflop sucks. You don't have good equity here at all. Considering that AK AQ (more AQ) likes to play fruity which usually means not 3 betting preflop but this doesn't always apply yet AA KK QQ JJ TT 99 will most def 3 bet you. Moreso, you aren't making him fold faster postflop by capping, you are more giving him better odds to beat you.

I'm not a big fan of raising the flop, the cominbations of you leading/being between is very very close, moreso when you are ahead he has 6 outs, when you are behind you have 2 outs, lastly you have position so he doesn't have the option of checking behind so you aren't going to miss any bets.

I think the turn is closer than the other streets but i like fold better than calling down, calling is 2bbs to win 9bbs, so you are hoping for AKs/overplayed overcards ~20% (since sometimes he'll river you). I think it's doubtly he is raising as a 'card paired bluff' and more likely he decided to wait untill the turn to hit you.

River is obvious.

So yea, i strongly disagree with 'only preflop is a decision'.

Turning Stone Pro
09-26-2004, 10:55 PM
(n/m)

Subfallen
09-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Why is no one worried about TT here? This sort of quasi-slow play (just call the flop raise and check-raise the turn) is EXACTLY what I would expect from TT (plus, not to mention many higher PP's.)

You could be dominated, or you're probably drawing to two outs. Isn't the turn therefore a pretty easy fold with only 8-1 pot odds and 22-1 odds of catching an 8 on the river? (Not to mention how expensive this 8 will be against TT!)

bilyin
09-27-2004, 01:53 AM
I bet the other guy had 77 for quad.