PDA

View Full Version : How big would the pot need to be to make these 2 situations correct?

LockLow34
09-26-2004, 02:34 PM
What odds would you need for each of these situations? Assume moderately loose table for both.

First situation:

Limit Omaha Hi/Lo8:

Dealt K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in late position

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

What would the pot odds need to be to draw to the nut flush against a paired board if your initial read is that nobody is full?

Second situation

LHE

Dealt 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the CO with several limpers

Flop comes 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to you so you bet and the button (solid player) raises. You read flush draw, and to confirm and make it more expensive for him you re-raise and he just calls. Only you and the button remain in the hand.

Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

What odds would you need for a check-call on the turn looking to fill up on the river. If you made the check-call on the turn how big would the pot need to be to make a check-call on the end the correct play?

uuDevil
09-27-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Second situation

LHE

Dealt 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the CO with several limpers

Flop comes 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to you so you bet and the button (solid player) raises. You read flush draw, and to confirm and make it more expensive for him you re-raise and he just calls. Only you and the button remain in the hand.

Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

What odds would you need for a check-call on the turn looking to fill up on the river. If you made the check-call on the turn how big would the pot need to be to make a check-call on the end the correct play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, omaha makes me dizzy. I'll try this one though.

With a set, no way I'm folding. There is a good chance he has no more than top pair. But if I KNEW he had a flush, I still would not fold before the river. With the action as you describe, you'll be getting about 6:1 pot odds to call the turn bet. You have 10 outs against a flush, which is 3.6:1. Easy call.

A pot as small as 3 BB on the turn would be big enough to call since you will certainly win another BB on the river if you make a full house.