PDA

View Full Version : Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway(again)

IndieMatty
09-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Pluggin Leaks...no ones that out of line. I know we preach straight up betting ( I think) is there any place here I can get some extra bets? Or is that just greedy?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (21.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (17.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (20.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 23.16 BB

chesspain
09-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Idontunderstandwhatyouarecomplainingaboutinthishan d.

IndieMatty
09-26-2004, 02:29 PM
I was being critiqued for not slowplaying, check raising, just betting, or anything fancy, no need to?

Maybe I'm bragging? Or did I lose...and I want a visit from the BBSD

bisonbison
09-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Out of position, this is the goodness.

sfer
09-26-2004, 06:48 PM
What happened to MP2 between the flop and the turn? This looks like a good spot to checkraise the turn since you have 2 between you and MP3 to drive out.

Long live Jeff Tweedy.

bisonbison
09-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Goot point. Indie, can you PM me this hand?

golgo13sf
09-26-2004, 10:46 PM
After you showing agression, and him just calling instead of capping the flop, there is no guarantee of him betting the turn if you check, you just about screamed out loud that you can beat T's.

I hate slowplaying K's because of all the fools who will play any Ace and call to the river looking for a catch. I'll be damned if they're getting even a chance of a freebie off of me (its against my religion you know /images/graemlins/smile.gif ). Plus there's that flush draw, which if that was what your opponent was on (say QcJc), well he's just going to check behind, and you miss a bet. To hell with that, just charge em.

TheShootah
09-26-2004, 11:03 PM
I like check-raising on the flop, making it first look like you had something like AK and missed....and then bet the turn! But that is just me.

Cerril
09-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Looks solid to me... with 21SB in at the flop then you can't ever make a flush draw get out of the hand.

I -might- call the flop then try to checkraise the turn (also saving a bet if a club falls). But I think you took the better path here in case MP3 was being tricky -with- said club draw and would check through if you checked to him on the turn.

Gatts
09-27-2004, 02:01 AM
This hand is almost as good as the song.

bisonbison
09-27-2004, 09:54 AM
Is Jeff Tweedy's solo stuff good? I only know him from Wilco.

IndieMatty
09-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Its all good. I'm in definite heterosexual male crush territory with him. "Sure Jeff, go ahead bang my girlfriend."

Wha?

IndieMatty
09-27-2004, 10:00 AM
I will when I get back from work tonight. He may have folded out of turn if memory serves me right. Since it was 6 AM on sat night/sun morning, that might not hold up in court.

Oh yeah, Thanks for the converter.

sfer
09-27-2004, 11:04 AM
The two Wilco/Billy Bragg CDs are great. So is Uncle T. Dunno about the rest. I'll be seeing them next week and I sincerely hope they don't do that retarded 10 minute noise thing.

bisonbison
09-27-2004, 11:05 AM
He was in Uncle Tupelo? I forgot that. Yeah, I have Mermaid Avenue.

Fnord
09-27-2004, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks solid to me... with 21SB in at the flop then you can't ever make a flush draw get out of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 2SB in at the flop you can't ever make a flush draw get out of the hand.

IndieMatty
09-27-2004, 11:29 AM
I'll be there. The first show at Radio City. I'm pretty pumped for that, I flew out to Coachella this summer only to have them cancel.

The Billy Bragg ones are alright, I likey. I like them post-country twang (Summerteeth+)a lot better. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is the best album I own, no doubt. A Ghost is Born is dissapointing, the Phillip Seymour Hoffman lookalike's (Jay Bennett) presense really helped that band develop from Alt-Country to musical geniuses.

Last Wilco Note: Even if you don't like the band, and especially if you were ever in a semi-serious band, you have to watch "I am Trying to Break Your Heart" The Wilco documentary, I can't think of another synonym for "amazing" right now, so I'll just say it's g00t.

IndieMatty
09-27-2004, 07:56 PM
The Wilco talk got me pumped.

Hero [ Kc, Kh ] two pairs, kings and twos.
MP2 [ 5d, Ad ] a pair of twos. (he went all in)
MP3 [ Qd, Qc ] two pairs, queens and twos.
CO[ Td, As ] two pairs, tens and twos.

sublime
09-27-2004, 08:46 PM
I know we preach straight up betting ( I think) is there any place here I can get some extra bets?

I think there is a real good chance that a LP player will bet this flop. I probably would have went for a c/r here.