PDA

View Full Version : A note to all new posters.

cnfuzzd
09-26-2004, 01:18 PM
Since im not smart like Bison or a good poker player like CDC, i will solve this problem.

Ive seen a few threads lately on this, and have encountered a few awkard situations on party poker.

When you see someone you suspect of being a 2+2'er online, it is not kosher to say "hey, you are bisonbison on 2+2 arent you? Man, i love your convertor. So, you tearing this table up or what...." Instead, the traditional method has been to use the secret 2+2 code.....

Drop "the brown trout (insert verb, usually sleeps, here) in the closet" Respond with "aye, she does." or something like that. easy enough.

Its origins are mysterious, but popular myth has it that Joe Tall once took a [censored] in his pants, looked at it, and had a moment of brilliance. The rest is history.

peace

john nickle

juanez
09-26-2004, 02:43 PM
I thought I was on a table with a 2+2er and typed the secret code "Does the brown trout sleep in the closet?"

This guy who was not the suspected 2+2er replies "It depends how many beers he had."

LMAO

zuluking
09-26-2004, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its origins are mysterious

[/ QUOTE ]

Its origins are in the archives if you would take the time to look.

BottlesOf
09-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Its origins are mysterious, but popular myth has it that Joe Tall once took a [censored] in his pants, looked at it, and had a moment of brilliance.

Close enough

cnfuzzd
09-26-2004, 04:54 PM
i like my story better

peace

john nickle

Joe Tall
09-26-2004, 07:00 PM
That's not the way it happened. You and JBB are mixing me up with Astroglide $hit Pants Story. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=577694&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Peace,
Joe Tall

AviD
09-26-2004, 08:54 PM
LOL great story...I remember reading this awhile back, good times! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cosimo
09-26-2004, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its origins are mysterious

[/ QUOTE ]

Its origins are in the archives if you would take the time to look.

[/ QUOTE ]

The few times I've seen a link posted (and Search has done no better), it's been "the real origin is shrouded in mystery."

So, usage of this as the 2+2 handshake is well documented, but the origin of the quote itself is not.

Joe Tall
09-27-2004, 12:43 AM
but the origin of the quote itself is not.

Oh it's in there. All you have to do is real all my posts and you will find it.

Peace,
Joe Tall

BottlesOf
09-27-2004, 12:49 AM
No I'm not. I just liked this new story better.

cnfuzzd
09-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Exactly. I also enjoy that this post has yet to be responded to by someone with less than 200 posts. Apparently, im not reaching my target market.

peace

john nickle

redmonk
09-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Someone "the brown trout greeting" in a recent game and I google searched and came immediately to the forums. I've been following them ever since.

Thanks for the tip!

redmonk

cnfuzzd
09-27-2004, 10:15 AM
welcome to the boards. Its not a secret society, and its not an easy life, but once you get over the virgin sacrifices and ritual scrotum-shearing, its not all bad.

peace

john nickle

Ryner
09-27-2004, 11:27 AM
I'll keep the code in mind...

Cosimo
09-27-2004, 03:20 PM
I seem to remember "it came from Joe Tall," but I thought your source for the phrase was also enigmaficated? Feh. I'm satisfied at this point. If anyone posts a direct link, that'll save me the searching that I could have done instead of typing this sentence.

-lazy dire rat

cnfuzzd
09-27-2004, 03:25 PM
who do so many people just not want to believe that Joe Tall crapped his pants.....

peace

john nickle

eric5148
09-27-2004, 05:34 PM
I searched around and the only thing I found was a thread where Joe Tall just said it was some funny line he came up with a long time ago. Once, when he said it in a chat window, a guy responded with "did you just chit your pants?"

nolanfan34
09-27-2004, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone "the brown trout greeting" in a recent game and I google searched and came immediately to the forums. I've been following them ever since.

Thanks for the tip!

redmonk

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were playing poker, heard this phrase, and were smart enough to search google to see if anything came up, then you were bound to find this place eventually. Welcome to the forum.

Joe Tall
09-28-2004, 12:10 AM
did you just chit your pants?"

Nope. This is wrong too. It was "did you just $hit in your closet?" Which is much funnier.

Peace,
Joe Tall

AncientPC
10-03-2004, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip!

redmonk

[/ QUOTE ]

http://temp.ancientpc.net/22/brown_trout.gif

The phrase is getting out:
http://boards.ign.com/Poker/b7718/67520945/?3

whiskeytown
10-03-2004, 05:49 AM
holy [censored]

I've had people say that at my table and have no idea what the [censored] it meant....

they were asking if I was a 2+2er...LOL -

shows what I know....fruck

RB

Stellastarr
10-11-2004, 01:05 AM
so thats what it meant. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BusterStacks
10-11-2004, 02:13 AM
First rule of 2+2 is:

You do not talk about 2+2.

Second rule of 2+2 is:

YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT 2+2!!!

idiots.

NLSoldier
10-11-2004, 05:31 AM
The first rule of not being a big whiney baby is:

You do not cry about people who talk about 2+2!

The second rule is:

Hmm were you being sarcastic? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Luv2DriveTT
10-11-2004, 11:02 AM
I've been meaning to post my "Brown Trout" experiance, because ti was a funny one. I have been trouted at least 4 or 5 times in the past two months, one once did I know who the 2+2'er was by his nick. When he trouted me, we got two other answers we never expected to get... a total of 4 2+2'ers in the room hiden in the darkness! I played the room anyway, and for some odd reason once I was outed the other 2+2 opponents avoided my raises like the plauge. Hmm... this trout thing comes in handy when I make extra $$$!

Another time I was trouted, and one of the people at the table accused us of using a secret collusion code. That was hysterical, he must have seen it before in another room.

TT in da club /images/graemlins/club.gif

1Winston
10-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the insight. I've been lurking around this forum for a month or so now and enjoy reading about other peoples experiences, beats, and knowledge. Now that I know "the code", felt I just had to join. Lol

wabe
10-11-2004, 06:37 PM
I think the last time I asked that at my .05/.10 table, someone asked me if I liked guys...not that there's anything wrong with that. I laughed.

I've only found one person who fell within 2+2 criteria besides that table, and he was already here.

randomchamp
10-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Today, after putting a move on someone I said, "that's something a brown trout can't teach ya." About 4 people at the table agreed. Guess we have lots of readers. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cnfuzzd
12-07-2004, 02:25 AM
BUMP because people are still talking about crap they shouldnt be. Christ, cant i count on you people.

peace

john nickle