PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my preflop play.

SCfuji
09-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Party Poker $20+2 MULTI-table (430 players)

~200 players left, so average stack is around $2200

Hero ( $1640 ) is the BIG BLIND

Dealt to Hero [ 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
UTG folds.
UTG + 1 folds.
UTG + 2 folds.
MP folds.
MP + 1 folds.
MP + 2 folds.
CO folds.
BUTTON raises [275].
SMALL BLIND folds.
HERO raises [400].
BUTTON is all-In.
HERO is all-In.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
** Dealing River ** [ 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
HERO shows [ 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] two pairs, eights and fours.
BUTTON shows [ 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] two pairs, queens and fours.

I reraised telling myself if he pushed, I would call. I am somewhat happy with my play, but I question myself reraising so little. Even though he went all-in and I called his all-in, my raise would have let him call me and outdraw me. Should I have reraised more (I had $1640, $1540 with big blind posted) and if so, to what amount?

Cheers,
SCfuji

betgo
09-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Just push.

Rocaix
09-26-2004, 12:44 PM
In this situation, if you believe him to be stealing with any two, then simply push on the resteal.

Any raise that doesn't pot commit you here will be giving him correct odds to call w/position.

Your mini-raise was giving him better than 5:1 to call, although his push was perhaps a poor play, you should not be giving guys who could possibly be stealing with any two such odds, especially since your committing 25% of your stack here. A push here gives you significant fold equity, and at worst if he calls, your on a coin flip.

SCfuji
09-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the comments, I will push next time.

patrick dicaprio
09-26-2004, 03:25 PM
if you are going to call if he pushes you should just push yourself. if he wants to call you for all your chips with Q6 then so much the better.

Pat