PDA

View Full Version : Flopped set, I get plenty of aggression from a L-P

MHarris
09-26-2004, 10:11 AM
SB and BB are pretty LP. CO is an uber-LAG and tilting.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (28 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 32 BB

I guess the only questios here are: Is the river raise OK after the loose-passive BB has shown aggression on every street? If 3-bet here, should I cap or call?

spamuell
09-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Open-raise PF, hope the CO 3-bets and you have a fairly good chance of getting it heads-up with him and his LAGgy tiltness, even LPs will fold their blinds fairly frequently when it has been 3-bet pre-flop.

I generally don't like to call-cap flops as I find it kills my action, especially against loose-passive players, although it appears that it didn't here (if you were ahead). I probably would have waited until the turn because it looks like this is a situation where there is still going to be lots of action there.

I would just call a river 3-bet if HU with the loose passive BB.

lil'
09-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Nice hand. Ram it down his gullet. If he has Q-7 or Q-2, them's the breaks, but it's unlikely.

DaShark
09-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Wouldn't it depend on how loose-passive the bb is? A lot of the players I might describe as passive would not bet trips on the river after the turn had gotten capped by the Hero.

caseycjc
09-26-2004, 10:25 AM
If I was going to do anything differently at all, to the way you played this, I may have just called on the river. Maybe I'm a little weak on river play but unless I have the nuts I generally just call. Did he make the flush ?

MHarris
09-26-2004, 10:29 AM
He didn't show, but jamming a draw wasn't his style. I suspect 22 or a big Q.

MoDOH
09-26-2004, 10:43 AM
u do know that you can look at your opponents card after the hand is played if it went to showdown? donīt know why u can look at a players mucked cards but itīs a great feature nonetheless...

any1 know the rationale behind this feature?

MoDOH
09-26-2004, 10:46 AM
of course you should raise this river. If you are 3-bet I would call. donīt know if thatīs weak but that what I would do anyway...

MHarris
09-26-2004, 10:49 AM
How can you look at the mucked cards on Party?

MoDOH
09-26-2004, 10:53 AM
at the top right corner you can click on the text and it will take you to a box where all your hands during the session are. if you then look at a specific hand you will be able to see what your opponents mucked IF they went to SD with their hands...

LegoDoom
09-26-2004, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
u do know that you can look at your opponents card after the hand is played if it went to showdown? donīt know why u can look at a players mucked cards but itīs a great feature nonetheless...

any1 know the rationale behind this feature?

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically you're allowed to see anyone's called hand. I never do it live, but use that all the time on party.

MoDOH
09-26-2004, 11:41 AM
yeah you are allowed to see the calleds hand but not the others hands, right? if i call you at the river you have to show your hand but I have the option to muck mine if I lose. Or are you meaning that I could demand to see the other guys hands in a live game?

LegoDoom
09-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Yes. That anyone at the table can see a called hand on the river, even if the player is not first to show and doesn't have the winning hand. I think it's bad etiquette in a live game, but I do it all the time on party.

MoDOH
09-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Iīll be damned... didnīt know that... are u sure?
could be useful sometimes when I play a live game, sure it may be bad etiquette but some hands have had me wondering for days. bad etiquette be damned Iīm gonna use that sometimes...

spamuell
09-26-2004, 12:27 PM
IWTSTH (http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/archives/angelo05.htm)