PDA

View Full Version : Online poker rigged posts should be deleted instantly

Atropos
09-26-2004, 05:44 AM
Hey folks,
again and again and again these posts "bla, two bad beats, online poker rigged??". I always found them stupid, because neither side hat a real option to prove its arguments. But now the situation has changed: With pokertracker and 5 party skins, everybody who thinks online poker is rigged can let his computer run for 1 month, and get some statistical meaningful sample size to prove his argument. I think any "rigged post" without this, should be deleted because it is useless spam.

Equal
09-26-2004, 06:01 AM
Why do you think they should be deleted? Is it because you want to SILENCE the people who figured out that it IS rigged? Are you maybe a part of the rigged online poker site "old boys" club? Hunh? HUNH???

Mike Haven
09-26-2004, 06:48 AM
If you remember back to the classic golden-oldie song, "Yvan Eht Nioj", your questions may be answered.

Lazymeatball
09-26-2004, 06:50 AM
Who are you, Lt. L. T. Smash?

csuf_gambler
09-26-2004, 07:02 AM
i love the simpsons!!

imitation
09-26-2004, 07:56 AM
DENTAL PLAN

skaboomizzy
09-26-2004, 09:46 AM
LISA NEEDS BRACES

Diplomat
09-26-2004, 10:01 AM
But it is.

-Diplomat

FlFishOn
09-26-2004, 10:40 AM
"everybody who thinks online poker is rigged can let his computer run for 1 month, and get some statistical meaningful sample size to prove his argument. "

Outline your methodology to prove the above statement and I'll never post here again.

Clearly you can not.

Uber-troll since 2004

Alobar
09-26-2004, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Outline your methodology to prove the above statement and I'll never post here again.

Clearly you can not.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you believe that? thats kinda sad, clearly you have no understanding of poker and how it works

oh, I forgot to add, deleting the "online poker posts is rigged" is for very obvious reasons a bad thing. The best thing to do would be to never respond to them, so they would just fall off the main page and never be heard from again. Course this is a hard thing to do, because its so easy to bash the moron who made the post.

I hereby pledge to never post in another "online poker is rigged" post again (or until its obvious no one else is following my lead /images/graemlins/smile.gif). Whos coming with me?!?!

mikimaus
09-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Online poker is not all rigged.

Overdrive
09-26-2004, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey folks,
again and again and again these posts "bla, two bad beats, online poker rigged??". I always found them stupid, because neither side hat a real option to prove its arguments. But now the situation has changed: With pokertracker and 5 party skins, everybody who thinks online poker is rigged can let his computer run for 1 month, and get some statistical meaningful sample size to prove his argument. I think any "rigged post" without this, should be deleted because it is useless spam.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, there are some serious issues that come up every now and then with on-line poker. Like some collusion that may be taking place and how to deal with it, rogue unknown sites taking off with players money like Dutch Boyd, Republicans trying to make it illegal, etc. But these stupid idiotic rigged - "I raised with AA - the flop came A78 so I should win right? Well the next two cards came 2,9 and you guessed it - some guy with J10 hits his straight - UNREAL!!!" Really make me sick. I guess they shouldn't be banned but they should be attacked for the total horse manure which they are.

Atropos
09-26-2004, 01:44 PM
"Outline your methodology to prove the above statement and I'll never post here again."

I dont understand exactly what you want, but here is my "methodology":
Buy Pokertracker, sign up at the 5 party skins. Pokertracker now can import hands of tables you are only observing. Lets make a conservative guess you can get in 1200 hands per minute. If you let your computer observe 20 tables 1 month 24/7 you get around 850.000 hands. If you notice some major deviations from what would be mathematically expected, you can start a thread if you want.

gabyyyyy
09-26-2004, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, you believe that? thats kinda sad, clearly you have no understanding of poker and how it works

oh, I forgot to add, deleting the "online poker posts is rigged" is for very obvious reasons a bad thing. The best thing to do would be to never respond to them, so they would just fall off the main page and never be heard from again. Course this is a hard thing to do, because its so easy to bash the moron who made the post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I told you to STFU about a month ago.

Everyone has the right to their opinion. Stop trying to convince everyone to follow your retarded theories.

One question.

Why the FUK do you care what people think on this subject? You almost act like money is being taken out of YOUR pocket every time a rigged post is made.

Atropos
09-26-2004, 02:00 PM
"Everyone has the right to their opinion"

Yep, but only if he keeps it private. "online poker rigged" posts without statistical proofs, which are now easy to get. Without them they are just bad beat posts, which are forbidden too.

Sponger15SB
09-26-2004, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Everyone has the right to their opinion. Stop trying to convince everyone to follow your retarded theories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to contradict yourself, idiot.

Alobar
09-26-2004, 03:09 PM
lol, your post is hillarious is so many ways. Somehow I think that comprehension is a tool you dont posses. So I wont bother elaborating.

Blarg
09-26-2004, 03:09 PM
An online forum is where people go to ask questions, float ideas, and respond to the ideas of others. It's about communication, not banning or stifling.

There's really no point to an online forum unless people are free to use one fully.

Unless you just want to be in a club or something. Which again comes around to there being no point.

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Although I find the vast majority of "Online poker is rigged" postings to be the foolish ravings of losing players who've taken a couple bad beats, I don't think silencing them is the answer.

Atropos
09-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Of course it is! I dont think that something like "Online Poker is rigged" is something you can discuss, because you can easily prove it. If they get some statistical evidence, which is now very easy to get, I dont have a problem with it.
But what are these "action flops, could bring them more money - but they wouldnt risk to anger their consumer base" discussions good for?
Its like posting "The theory of gravity is wrong, things should fall to heaven but the governments have installed magnets under the surface of the earth to prevent this" in a forum for physics, without adding any proofs.
As long as proofs are easy to get, I dont think this should be tolerated.

Cardzy
09-26-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokertracker now can import hands of tables you are only observing

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the best way to do this anyway? Just curious. Nothing to do with the actual topic of this convo. :P

FlFishOn
09-26-2004, 05:00 PM
""online poker rigged" posts without statistical proofs, which are now easy to get."

No such proof exists. Can't be done statistically. The proof for honest online poker is so complex as to be practically impossible.

One can assume honesty but not prove it.

FlFishOn
09-26-2004, 05:03 PM
That won't prove sh+t. Few sites would be so stupid as to bugger the deal where it could be detected by such simple methods.

Keep believing, your life is more comfortable that way.

gabyyyyy
09-26-2004, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, but only if he keeps it private. "online poker rigged" posts without statistical proofs, which are now easy to get.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are proofs?

You are a retarded fruitloop.

Thythe
09-26-2004, 05:08 PM
I think 100% of FlFishOn's posts are about Party Poker being rigged.

EliteNinja
09-26-2004, 05:15 PM
I believe that if the poker sites WERE rigged, it would be in their best interest to make it as least detectable as possible to it's market. Being a long-term loser at poker would imply that one does not have the statistical background to even make an attempt at concluding that online poker is rigged.

Therefore it is the responsibility of people who know that it is most likely not rigged (such as winning 2+2ers) to inform the misinformed that poker is fair. In fact, teaching these misinformed people that the game is fair is a +EV move, as it will encourage more losing players to keep playing.

Sponger15SB
09-26-2004, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BS!

He once had a post where he thought ultimate bet was the "least rigged".... or something

namknils
09-26-2004, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's very proud of this fact.

FlFishOn
09-26-2004, 06:38 PM
"...because you can easily prove it. "

Childish in it's simplicity and it's ignorance.

"Its like posting "The theory of gravity is wrong,"

Turns out Newton WAS wrong. Check w/Einstein.

AncientPC
09-26-2004, 07:08 PM
Poker is rigged only when I'm losing. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Alobar
09-26-2004, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, but only if he keeps it private. "online poker rigged" posts without statistical proofs, which are now easy to get.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are proofs?

You are a retarded fruitloop.

[/ QUOTE ]

where is your proof for it being rigged? oh thats right....you dont have any

Alobar
09-26-2004, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That won't prove sh+t. Few sites would be so stupid as to bugger the deal where it could be detected by such simple methods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because making it incredibly hard to detect and therefore making it incredibly hard to actually rip people off, would make the effort all worth it.

I can just see their shady corporate business meetings now...

CEOguy: "we are making a million bucks a day, but its just not enough!! we need more!! lets rip the customer off"

ButKissingSuckUpGuy(every office has one): "Lers rig it! we can have action flops to make more money, and let the fish always suck out! they will love to play at our site because they always win!!"

MathmaticalGeniusProgrammerGuy (which I doubt party even has on the payroll): "That would be way to easy to detect. Lets set it up so that only every 50,000th hand is rigged. That way the statistical data will look correct so it wont be obvious. We can prolly make an extra $20 a day this way!"

CEOguy: "Victory is mine!!!"

Atropos
09-27-2004, 07:13 AM
"hat won't prove sh+t. Few sites would be so stupid as to bugger the deal where it could be detected by such simple methods."

If you get in something like 10000000 hands, and the result is that the fall of the cards was the same as it was statistically expected to be, how could the site make it "rigged" to their favor??

OldLearner
09-27-2004, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you told me to STFU (sorry, perhaps I was one of many). I started a new thread to reply to your eloquent response.

I also suggested in a thread a couple of days ago that a sub-forum be created for "Online Poker is Rigged" posts. This would effectively isolate the disease.

If you wanted to do some bashing, have a good laugh or actually join in the collective insanity, just go there.

FlFish....you claim to have already done the statistical analysis to prove your claims that the Fish win 20% more on Party than they statistically should.

Please post these results for the benefit of your fans and the rest that feel you are retarded.

Make me a believer.

Halleluja.

FlFishOn
09-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Read my past posts for explaination.

FlFishOn
09-27-2004, 02:15 PM
"FlFish....you claim to have already done the statistical analysis to prove your claims that the Fish win 20% more on Party than they statistically should.

Please post these results for the benefit of your fans and the rest that feel you are retarded."

No minds will change via any post of mine. It is impossible to sway the believers. Think about it. I could post any tripe that looks persuasive and rigorous. BFD. It has no provinance.

Someone needs to duplicate my research. Then they'll be two of us convinced.

Uber-troll in good standing

TerraUbrett
09-27-2004, 02:41 PM
FL fish the uber troll back with the insanity again. How many times will you use the phrase "no provinance". I'm not here to debate with you this time because it's useless and out of all these posts no one will have learned anything except that you always say the same crap, post no numbers and start talking about "no provinance". Very useful to the rest of us posters troll boy.