PDA

View Full Version : Free entry into WPT from Paradise Poker question

bobaloo23
09-26-2004, 03:00 AM
Hi,
I won an entry into the WPT Foxwoods event on Paradise and have a question. I play under my girlfriends account because she had a credit card and I didn't. So paradise is giving me a hard time saying she has to play. Has anyone ran into this before or can suggest anything to help?

77rules
09-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Ask them where they get higher PR EV - from you who has a remote chance of making the final table, or from your girlfriend who doesn't know anything about Poker.

Tuds75
09-26-2004, 08:09 PM
How about a wig, some make-up, and a nice dress? This way you could better pass yourself off as her. Sorry it had to be said.

Good Luck,

Tuds

garyg1
09-26-2004, 08:56 PM
read the rules for the tournament. every one I have played in says the win which qualifies you is not transferrable to another player. she is the player on this account, not you. to keep credibility in he on line tournaments, i see this rule as fair.

27offsuit
09-26-2004, 09:40 PM
you......are f**ked.

It would be too easy to insert a more knowledgable player into a final without the rule that is biting you in the ass.

Bummer......

The4thFilm
09-26-2004, 09:42 PM
dump her

Ryner
09-26-2004, 09:46 PM
No no no. Train her! Teach her to play perfect poker until she is more machine than man! ...woman.

The4thFilm
09-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Have her faking her death is also an option.

Ryner
09-26-2004, 10:12 PM
No no no. Cause then her chips would just be blinded off because no one else can touch them!

Bremen
09-26-2004, 10:45 PM
She couldn't use her credit card to put funds in your account? Or even trasfer money once the funds are deposited? Well I'm sure you won't make the mistake again. Look on the bright side, if she likes playing poker you just won her a pretty nice gift :0)

luckycharms
09-27-2004, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
read the rules for the tournament. every one I have played in says the win which qualifies you is not transferrable to another player. she is the player on this account, not you. to keep credibility in he on line tournaments, i see this rule as fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I'm not going to sell my $10,000 satellite token to Phil Helmuth for 9,000.... it's understandably bunk. Sit that girl down and teach her some poker.

luckycharms
09-27-2004, 05:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
I won an entry into the WPT Foxwoods event on Paradise and have a question. I play under my girlfriends account because she had a credit card and I didn't. So paradise is giving me a hard time saying she has to play. Has anyone ran into this before or can suggest anything to help?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha as this forum comes to the realization that your pokerdumb girlfriend is gonna play a high-stakes (?) tournament, I just keep laughing and laughing. How long do you have to train? What's the buy-in? What did you pay for the satellite? Why won't this history paper write itself at 6 in the morn? Pleeeeeease say this will be televised.

TheJackal
09-27-2004, 06:05 AM
I think if he taught her a super-tight strategy, she might have a chance at making the money but not winning... Give her Sklansky TFTAP and have her use the system and she might have a shot (depending on how analytical your g/f is)...

Number
09-27-2004, 12:51 PM
I agree. This is the perfect situation for "the System" from TPFAP. Even if she doesn't cash you will get some great entertainment value from the looks on her opponents' faces.

luckycharms
09-28-2004, 02:34 AM
I just looked it up. Jesus christ, your gf is going to play a $10,000 event with no knowledge of the game. It'll be like that maxim woman who calls a call/call/raise all-in with QJo and sucked out AA.

Spook
09-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Just have her wear a low cut shirt. She will place in the money.

Riverman
09-28-2004, 11:11 AM
I won a seat into the Bellagio 25k event last year under the same circumstances. Only after a TON of negotiating was I able to even get anything for the seat (it was given to Jim McManus, and I got 50% of any winnings).

Under no circumstances will they allow you to play under her name, and in my case I was unable to sell it because the fine print says you can only sell seats if you have won more than 1.

Not sure where this leaves you, but that is my experience.

betgo
09-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Why were you playing under your girlfriend's account when she doesn't play? Are you not old enough and she is?

It's fine to make jokes about her playing using Sklanky's system or whatever, but you really want to avoid that at all cost.

This is really a technicality and you need to convince them of that and let you play. It's not like you are selling the seat to a professional player or you are a professional wininng the seat with no intention to play.

If worse comes to worse, perhaps you can work out something like the above poster did.

Paradise doesn't let you unregister from online tournaments you win entires to the way Party and Stars do.

bobaloo23
09-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Just an update, we got it all worked out and I am good to go. I also won another seat and am selling it in another post if anyone is interested.

On a side note, why does everyone think it would be unfair to transfer to another player or a pro? Obviously people who win these(no comment on myself) have to be good players to win them in the first place. And if a pro wanted to play they could win one themselves couldn't they? I don't see the big deal.

bobaloo23
09-28-2004, 11:32 PM
Also, the reason it was under her name was I don't have a credit card, and when I tried to use her credit card on mine they gave me a hard time, that was partly why they decided to give me the seat, they knew the problems I had before.

astroglide
09-29-2004, 02:23 AM
is it easy to win a seat there?

bobaloo23
09-29-2004, 02:59 AM
It's by no means easy, especially now that they made it a rebuy bingo tournament. I'm not the greatest player, but I'm no slouch either.