PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Out Fellas

G Baade
09-26-2004, 01:24 AM
I am playing in a huge No Limit tourney tomorrow. This is my first time playing in such an event and want advice on my best course of action. I have always done well in online tourneys, and also home tourneys with 30 people or so. What is your best advice and also what should I expect?

Thanks

mntbikr15
09-26-2004, 01:28 AM
Dont bust?

No seriously though, the biggest thing that I need to keep in my mind when I play the occasional live tourney is to give raises more credit then online. Pretty much give players more credit for what hand they have then against the usual online player.

Thats is unless the tourny is composed of all online players....

EnderW27
09-26-2004, 02:16 AM
DO NOT BLUFF in the early rounds. It just isn't worth it.

Five people limp in with t15 blinds and the pot's at 75.
It's checked around to you on the button and you don't have a piece of it. Check it through.
If you attempt to bluff, you have to work your way through 4 other people, hoping they all drop. If two see you to the turn and check to you, now what? Increase your bet and try again? Hope you don't get check raised? Hope you're not playing against an idiot with bottom pair who should have folded a long time ago but doesn't know any better than to keep calling you down? And for what? a lousy 75t pot that you had no interest in and now you've lost half your stack trying to steal it.

You'll need to save those chips for when the blinds increase and your stack has increased and you can really start putting pressure on low stacks. THAT'S the time to bluff.